× Members

Severe Disablement Allowance to Employment Support

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128341 by MariW
43djbrooks wrote:

" I saw your thread ManW it has helped a lot, did you still get paid till they transferred you over? Also how long after the decision did they started paying ESA?

I hope this information helps.

When the DM telephoned to inform me of the outcome he quoted two dates to my carer. The first was the day the financial transition would begin. This was 20 days from the date of the DWP decision. The DM also quoted my first ESA payday. This was 34 days after the date of the decision. Thus, there would be a 14 day period of financial transition.

I was subsequently able to get more detailed information about payments and dates by phoning the DWP and asking to speak with a supervisor.

All my IS went through as usual, concluding 20 days from the date of the DWP decision. I was paid SDA pro rata on the same date. My first SG ESA payment was made two weeks later.
At no point did I lose money.

MW
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58. Reason: fixed quote.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #129056 by 43djbrooks
well my wife called the ESA phone line to see what is happening and they told her it was still with the decision maker. The agent on the phone said she would have thought by now that there will be a decision so she was going to get someone to call her back tommorrow.

I get awful paranoia and anxiety that they will reject her and find her fit for work. I know you people here that as she was not sent for a work capability accessement that they cannot find her fit for work.

I hope good comes from it.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #129108 by 43djbrooks
Well good news, my wife rang the dwp yesterday and she had a call from a decision maker today saying she is in the support group.

DWP are now sorting out the money side of things, I guess she has been given ESA contribution based.

If this is the case will she have to go through all of this again in a years time?

Anyway one hurdle over.

Success and thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #129113 by bro58

43djbrooks wrote: Well good news, my wife rang the dwp yesterday and she had a call from a decision maker today saying she is in the support group.

DWP are now sorting out the money side of things, I guess she has been given ESA contribution based.

If this is the case will she have to go through all of this again in a years time?

Anyway one hurdle over.

Success and thanks.

Hi 43jdb,

Congratulations on The ESA SG award !!! :cheer:

If your wife was in receipt of SDA, then she will be paid Contribution Based (CB) ESA.

See : What will I be transferred to?

From our : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

As she has been successfully transferred over to ESA, she will be covered by what is known as Transitional Protection, in that she cannot be paid any less than she was receiving prior to transfer, but she may receive more :

What will I be paid?

An SG Award generally has a recommended period before reassessment (A Prognosis) of 2-3 years.

See : How often will I be reviewed

As your wife is in The SG, there is no 365 days limit to payment of CB ESA for as long as she remains in The SG :

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

You should receive an SG Decision Notice Letter, although this will not state the prognosis of the SG Award.

You will find out how to obtain the prognosis, and other documentation that may be helpful when the time comes for her reassessment in : This Post.

Please let us know, when you receive the Decision Notice Letter.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
9 years 3 months ago #129116 by slugsta
That's great news! Thanks for letting us know :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 3 months ago #129119 by MariW
Great news! :)

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris