× Members

Severe Disablement Allowance to Employment Support

More
9 years 3 months ago #129124 by 43djbrooks
According to my wife they are trying to sort out the money side of it as there is income support with her SDA.

I get carers allowance for her and income support, so i gather income support is for both of us. Will i lose my carers allowance?

I do get paranoid that as she can speak to them on the phone, they might change their minds and place her in the wrag group.

The DM did say she was going to be placed in SG.

What do think of it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #129125 by bro58

43djbrooks wrote: According to my wife they are trying to sort out the money side of it as there is income support with her SDA.

I get carers allowance for her and income support, so i gather income support is for both of us. Will i lose my carers allowance?

I do get paranoid that as she can speak to them on the phone, they might change their minds and place her in the wrag group.

The DM did say she was going to be placed in SG.

What do think of it?

Hi 43djb,

I am somewhat confused by your comments, are you stating that your wife received SDA And Income Support (IS) paid in her name, and you received Carers Allowance And IS paid in your name ?

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #129126 by bro58
Hi 43jdb,

As a general comment, IS is not payable to a claimant in receipt of ESA.

If they were previously in receipt of IS before transfer, as long as their personal and financial details have not changed, the IS payments should be replaced by Income Related (IR) ESA payments.

So, as previously advised your wife should receive no less that she was being paid before transfer.

If, as I suspect, you were also claiming CA due to the fact that she receives MR or HR Care DLA and you were receiving IS on top of this, again, as long as your wife still receives the DLA Care, and you are still providing the minimum requisite 35 Hours/Week care for her, and fulfilling the other CA qualifying criteria, see : CA Eligibility, you should continue to receive the same.

Only one member of a couple living together will receive the IS (or IR ESA whichever is the case) even though some part of this payment may be for the other member of the couple.

You should not be any worse off, it may be best to wait and see the "benefit breakdown" that you should receive with the decision notice letter.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130956 by 43djbrooks
Well good news my wife ESA will start this thursday, I am hoping the change over will be smooth and she gets it on time.

Has anyone had any issues with payment going into their bank account on time.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #130962 by bro58

43djbrooks wrote: Well good news my wife ESA will start this thursday, I am hoping the change over will be smooth and she gets it on time.

Has anyone had any issues with payment going into their bank account on time.

Hi 43djb,

I gather that your wife has now received a written decision notice informing her that she has been placed into The SG of ESA.

That being the case, congratulations once more !! :cheer:

We have heard from some members where their first ESA payment after being transferred over has not gone into their bank account when expected.

If this happens, a phone call to The ESA Call Centre as early as possible in the morning should rectify the issue :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

You may find the information in : This Post of interest.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.