× Members

ESA reassessment after a computer glitch at DWP

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132111 by bro58
Hi mv,

See : "Missing Forms and Missing Medicals", and members comments below the article.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132113 by bro58

bro58 wrote: Hi mv,

See : "Missing Forms and Missing Medicals", and members comments below the article.

bro58

See also : "Missing forms, missing medicals, missing qualifications", and comments below.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #132114 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic ESA reassessment after a computer glitch at DWP
Point taken...Just a guess of course but those who weren't 'in the pipeline' before cut off in Jan 14 and have been summonsed without esa50....that could perhaps be a glitch surrounding the handover from Atos to Maximus. After all, we didn't expect it to run seamlessly did we? Given the events during the Atos regime.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #132115 by Gordon

micksville wrote: Point taken...Just a guess of course but those who weren't 'in the pipeline' before cut off in Jan 14 and have been summonsed without esa50....that could perhaps be a glitch surrounding the handover from Atos to Maximus. After all, we didn't expect it to run seamlessly did we? Given the events during the Atos regime.

Of course the concern would be that Maximus seem to have taken many of the ATOS assets and most, if not all of their staff, so there is a real possibility that the problem could propagated into the new organisation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: micksville

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132117 by bro58
Hi mv,

These comments are made "in passing", but I remember around May, June, in 2013, that many members were reporting receiving ESA50's for reassessment 4-5 months before the end of the expected prognosis period.

This happened to a friend of mine, and when they challenged it with The DWP and ATOS, the re-referral was cancelled.

They have heard no more since that time and are now well into the 4th year of what was originally a 2 year prognosis.

When deferrals from Jan 2014 came to light, it was stated that backlog problems were first recognised circa July 2013.

It could be that they were re-referring to ATOS 4-5 months early at that time to get claimants into the reassessment system before the impending deferrals were instigated.

Posted this as we are not that busy, pure conjecture on my part of course !! :)

I do like a good "Conspiracy Theory" ! :laugh:

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #132118 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic ESA reassessment after a computer glitch at DWP
Could well be bro....while I here is Steve any closer to getting any answers re the backlog as its been about ten days since I queried the purported maximus staement on backlog timetables in the updated esa guide? I took a look at those links to the comments but many are clearly commenting on f2f for dla/pip transfer and/or dont make clear whether their summons for esa f2f was on expected timescale or whether theyve overlooked that an esa50 might have been sent in around the cut off date. Im sure the vast majority getting fwf out of blue are likely unaware their cases have been pending from this critical perjod in summer/autumn 2013. Time will tell. Meanwhile, like a good boy scout Im prepared
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.