× Members

re: confusion on reassesments

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131290 by micksville
re: confusion on reassesments was created by micksville
I wondered if we're any nearer to clarification of the query earlier this week re Maximus timetable for begining reassesments again. I understand the deferrals begun on 20 Jan 2014 were for two years and would continue until further notice.Given that Maximus have hired at least fifty per cent more staff its likely this clearing of the backlog will speed up. However, Maximus said upon taking the contract it expected to take 12 to 18 months to clear it. I wondered if this is what b and w were basing their advice on in the addendum to the updated pdf guide earlier this month?
As in January 2014 the dwp are unlikely to be forthcoming as to when the re referrals will recommence so might I suggest members post on here if their ordinary re referrals are actioned in the coming months. That's likely to be the first clear evidence that the backlogs have eased and 'normal' service is resumed.
My ordinary review is due this June so I have prepared all my documentation and updated my gp as I usually would in anticipation so that I am prepared. I suggest other members do likewise.
once again , I'm not criticising b and w, far from it and I suspect theyve called it right as I haven't seen evidence of members posting of renewed re referrals though its early days for maximus yet. However, some clarification of whether the deferrals tactic is still ongoing into 2015 and the new regime would be appreciated.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago #131300 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic re: confusion on reassesments

micksville wrote: I wondered if we're any nearer to clarification of the query earlier this week re Maximus timetable for begining reassesments again. I understand the deferrals begun on 20 Jan 2014 were for two years and would continue until further notice.Given that Maximus have hired at least fifty per cent more staff its likely this clearing of the backlog will speed up. However, Maximus said upon taking the contract it expected to take 12 to 18 months to clear it. I wondered if this is what b and w were basing their advice on in the addendum to the updated pdf guide earlier this month?
As in January 2014 the dwp are unlikely to be forthcoming as to when the re referrals will recommence so might I suggest members post on here if their ordinary re referrals are actioned in the coming months. That's likely to be the first clear evidence that the backlogs have eased and 'normal' service is resumed.
My ordinary review is due this June so I have prepared all my documentation and updated my gp as I usually would in anticipation so that I am prepared. I suggest other members do likewise.
once again , I'm not criticising b and w, far from it and I suspect theyve called it right as I haven't seen evidence of members posting of renewed re referrals though its early days for maximus yet. However, some clarification of whether the deferrals tactic is still ongoing into 2015 and the new regime would be appreciated.

Hi mv,

I believe that Gordon has queried this with Steve, and is still awaiting clarification.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #131302 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic re: confusion on reassesments

micksville wrote: I wondered if we're any nearer to clarification of the query earlier this week re Maximus timetable for begining reassesments again. I understand the deferrals begun on 20 Jan 2014 were for two years and would continue until further notice.Given that Maximus have hired at least fifty per cent more staff its likely this clearing of the backlog will speed up. However, Maximus said upon taking the contract it expected to take 12 to 18 months to clear it. I wondered if this is what b and w were basing their advice on in the addendum to the updated pdf guide earlier this month?

My review is also due in June.
Are you worried that Maximus will call you on time? I was worried about this, but I felt more relaxed after reading page 81 of the .pdf.

More
9 years 1 month ago #131312 by francis1969
Replied by francis1969 on topic re: confusion on reassesments
Hi Chrissy and Mick, Again in same boat as you both. From memory, like you say ATOS were 'forced' (via ministers) to confirm that ESA re-referrals were to be deferred for 2 years at beginning of last year. At that time this meant that anybody expecting new ESA50 arriving, would now get an additional period of grace. At that time, there were 2 ways of calculating next assessment. Many thought 2 years could be added onto their current re-referral date-so June 2015 had potential to become June 2017, equating (to those who received 3 year award) to a 5 year award! Or if taking the 2 years from Jan 2014, taking same date point, this would be an extended 6 months, equalling a 3 year award to 3 and a half years, before ESA50 expected!

However, some months after people were posting that they were receiving ESA50's when they believed they had their award period extended by 2 years. This resulted in confirmation being obtained that re-referrals were dependent upon your area and how bad the backlogs were!

As with Chrissy, having read the updated version, I too am more relaxed, as it sounds like this is a blanket .cancellation' for re-assessing/re-referring those already on ESA. Am sure, like everyone else, we'll all be much happier if this situation can indeed be confirmed. bearing in mind there is backlog of some 600,000, some of whom are still in receipt on Incapacity benefit waiting to be migrated, and add to these those who are applying first time, I would like to think there is more than enough work for them.

Also, as Maximus are attempting to come across differently to ATOS, they should be able to see that confirming the point of this post, if they wish to be taken seriously, as a 'humane' company, then hoping full details will be given to Steve and Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58, micksville

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131315 by bro58
Hi f1969,

Thanks for your post ! :)

We think that some if not all of the members that received ESA50's after the deferrals started in Jan 2014 had already been re-referred to ATOS prior to the time that the deferrals started.

Hence, unbeknown to them, they had already entered the reassessment process. (Re-referred to ATOS by The DWP)

Others, who have received reassessment ESA50's since deferrals started may have received them due to the reporting of a Change of Circumstances. (C of C)

Remember, a C of C does not necessarily have to be reported by the claimant, it may have been reported by someone else !! :evil:

bro58

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131319 by bro58
Hi,

Another important point to consider is :

It is the DWP who re-refer to Maximus.

This is usually done by a computer programme flagging up that a claimant's reassessment is due to The DWP ESA WCA Team.

The WCA Team would then re-refer the claimant to Maximus, who then send the ESA50 out to the claimant.

If you read the News Item from the second link down : This Page, you will see that it was a "DWP Mole" who first brought this issue to light.

From what the article states, another programme was instigated which scanned the systems every month, and when a claimant was flagged up as needing to be re-assessed, the programme automatically deferred their reassessment for 2 years hence.

So, if you look at how the system works, it would be The DWP not Maximus who would make the decision regarding when re-assessments should re-start as normal.

Of course, the DWP may require "the heads up" from Maximus first, confirming that they have the capacity to restart reassessments.

Again, this is my own opinion !! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.