× Members

re: confusion on reassesments

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131327 by Chrissy
Maximus have said they will do 1 million assessments from now till the end of this year.

I know that the DWP refer cases to maximus to begin with, but Iain Duncan Smith has also pledged that 1 million assessments will be carried out.
If 5-600,000 of these are cases waiting in the backlog, then I don't know if the remaining 4-500,000 are repeat reassessments or fresh claims
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #131329 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic re: confusion on reassesments
Not worried Chrissy, just curious. In many ways Id sooner have it out of the way, done and dusted but I think members ought be prepared just in case

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago #131348 by bro58

Chrissy wrote: Maximus have said they will do 1 million assessments from now till the end of this year.

I know that the DWP refer cases to maximus to begin with, but Iain Duncan Smith has also pledged that 1 million assessments will be carried out.
If 5-600,000 of these are cases waiting in the backlog, then I don't know if the remaining 4-500,000 are repeat reassessments or fresh claims

Hi C,

Anyone that believed anything that IDS stated would be doing so at their peril !!

He has been caught out on many, many occasions telling "untruths" !!

One of his finest is Universal Credit is "On Budget and on Target" !!! :laugh: :laugh:

The man is deluded and will say anything that suits his agenda at the time.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131359 by mangof
Replied by mangof on topic re: confusion on reassesments
I thought I would have 2 years added on to my reassessment date. However just checked and my esa award started on the 18 Jan 2012 with a two year prognosis so lasting to 18 Jan 2014 - 2 days before Jan 20 2014 when they started adding delays.

I am still being paid my benefits but I am wondering whether I had been referred to ATOS by the DWP but my details were sitting in a big pile of the backlog. (I never got an esa50 form). I could be in the Maximus pile of backlogs now and be reassessed sooner than I had thought which is worrying.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131366 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic re: confusion on reassesments

displayname wrote: I thought I would have 2 years added on to my reassessment date. However just checked and my esa award started on the 18 Jan 2012 with a two year prognosis so lasting to 18 Jan 2014 - 2 days before Jan 20 2014 when they started adding delays.

I am still being paid my benefits but I am wondering whether I had been referred to ATOS by the DWP but my details were sitting in a big pile of the backlog. (I never got an esa50 form). I could be in the Maximus pile of backlogs now and be reassessed sooner than I had thought which is worrying.

Hi dn,

I do not think that we can add anything further to what has already been stated !! :)

You could Contact Maximus. (CHDA) and/or The DWP : THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

If this is really bothering you.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131383 by mangof
Replied by mangof on topic re: confusion on reassesments
Thanks, bro. I'll have to decide if I can face phoning the DWP to find out. I guess one thing they could tell me was they did refer me to atos in late 2013 but atos/maximum has just not contacted me yet due to the backlogs and that they will at some point. (Hopefully with an esa50 first rather than called straight to assessment without one.) Or maybe they would have better news for me. Hmm. I notice on another thread you say you know some people with a prognosis of two years who are now into their fourth year. I will try and take some heart from that. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I'll have to work out what move to take is the least anxiety provoking for me. (Have mental health issues including severe anxiety anyway). I really struggle with this like most people here.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.