× Members

PIP CLAIMANT worried you should be!

More
8 years 10 months ago #136402 by JenJJ
Replied by JenJJ on topic PIP CLAIMANT worried you should be!

AL wrote: Absolutely right Amanda, I am seeing it for myself with Candice, she has started with a MS flare-up I am trying my best to put hope in her mind, but the car was a means to this Lady's life and now everything through her eyes is a bleak one. PIP now I have seen it with my own eyes is in my opinion like you have said a Lottery. I hope you win your appeal Amanda I really do.

Al, if you are doing the appeal for her I would also suggest that you read through the PIP assessment guide. This is what they are supposed to follow and it does, quite rightly, allow for conditions such as MS which can be variable, to be properly considered. Unfortunately the assessors/DWP don't follow it.

For example on page 77 it says "whether the individual can repeat the activity within a reasonable period of time and to the same standard (this clearly includes
consideration of symptoms such as pain, discomfort, breathlessness, fatigue and anxiety)."

and "For a descriptor to be able to apply to a claimant, the claimant must
be able to reliably complete the activity as described in the descriptor"
The following user(s) said Thank You: algy193

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136439 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic PIP CLAIMANT worried you should be!
AL

I wish you luck with Candice's appeal too. I really do feel for her. Please keep us all posted with how things are going for her. I wish her well, and hope she can get back her little piece of freedom. A
The following user(s) said Thank You: algy193

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136732 by algy193
Replied by algy193 on topic PIP CLAIMANT worried you should be!
I am wondering about what a responce bundle is regarding PIP appeal,
I believe this is what you get and it explains Why the DWP has made there decision ..
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136733 by algy193
Replied by algy193 on topic PIP CLAIMANT worried you should be!
I am wondering about what a Responce Bundle is regarding PIP appeal,
I believe this is what you get and it explains Why the DWP has made there decision. In this case will it say Candice was seen walking 22 metres And not say in an normal manner ie Was in a desperate situation in the interview and did not want to embarrass herself or the lady interviewing by urinating in her office of which this lady was very aware of and even thanked Candice. Also would they have the footage so at the appeal they can see what it looks like, Someone with MS struggling and I mean Struggling to the toilet .. This is with a walking stick as well ...What do you think it's not going to say that is it
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

8 years 10 months ago #136737 by

AL wrote: I am wondering about what a responce bundle is regarding PIP appeal,
I believe this is what you get and it explains Why the DWP has made there decision ..

Hi A,

The response bundle, sometimes known as the evidence pack/bundle will be the evidence that the DWP are presenting to Tribunal to back-up how and why they have come to their decision.

Likewise, The DWP will receive copy of the evidence and any submissions that you present to the Tribunal.

This is done to ensure that all three parties involved, you, DWP and the Tribunal all have access to exactly the same evidence.

bro58

8 years 10 months ago #136738 by

AL wrote: I am wondering about what a Responce Bundle is regarding PIP appeal,
I believe this is what you get and it explains Why the DWP has made there decision. In this case will it say Candice was seen walking 22 metres And not say in an normal manner ie Was in a desperate situation in the interview and did not want to embarrass herself or the lady interviewing by urinating in her office of which this lady was very aware of and even thanked Candice. Also would they have the footage so at the appeal they can see what it looks like, Someone with MS struggling and I mean Struggling to the toilet .. This is with a walking stick as well ...What do you think it's not going to say that is it

Hi A,

Please see my response to your duplicate query which I have merged : Here.

You will not know the contents of the DWP's response bundle until you receive it.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.