× Members

PIP CLAIMANT worried you should be!

More
8 years 10 months ago #136182 by algy193
Replied by algy193 on topic PIP CLAIMANT worried you should be!
I agree Gordon, may I ask one more thing please , well two, I have looked at the reasons why the other Assessor had reduce the first Assessors points from 12 to 10 and apparently it was because Candice was reported to have walked 22 Meters at the assessment!, I was there and everything Candice did was an effort from traveling 30 miles to get to the Centre to having an urgency attack "Bladder" whilst in the interview " Candice has Botox injections every 4 to 6 months due to this condition related to the MS" no way did she walk 22 metres. She did struggle to the toilets rather than wee in the interviewers office but did wet her self some before getting there This is a Lady who is classed as obsess with a walking stick COPD Diabetes and MS, we were lucky enough to park right outside the entrance otherwise it would have been her wheel chair, The lady doing the interview thanked Candice for this, So how can someone who has never seen this Lady say she can walk 22 metres where are these measurement's from. What is going on here Gordon.
The other thing is Candice had not understood the Planning and following a journeys question, No way could she travel alone a 60 mile round trip alone not possible, far to much Stress and Anxiety it would have been a panic attack Nebuliser and or ambulance require "this has happen on much shorter journeys and that's with always using a Sat Nav and someone with her. it seems to me its not how much medical information one puts in it how you answer the questions and how the interviewer asks the questions again and changes the answers I so wish I had seen the application for the change over to PIP from DLA I might have had more idea than the Person who helped her fill the form out. Gordon for a quite Man I an so angry at this injustice. I wish I was a Good public speaker I would make so much noise someone would hear me. This PIP needs a Champion to tell the Country what is happening on a sad scale. Gordon have you any idea how long an appeal could take please Roughly
Many thanks Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136204 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP CLAIMANT worried you should be!
AL

I think it likely that the assessor will have measured all of the corridors in the building and the distances from the front doors to points outside, so if they say it was 22m it likely was, however, this is moot as this was a single occasion in particular circumstances.

Her walking must be done reliably and for the majority of days for it to be considered, Reliably means

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

You/she still has an opportunity to explain her problems with Moving Around and Going Out for the Tribunal panel, this is a complete re-hearing of her claim and everything will be looked at from scratch.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 10 months ago #136290 by algy193
Thank you Gordon, I seem to be understanding this situation, it seems to me PIP is completely different than DLA and I would say it's a dangerous game ie gambling the car award Candice would never have asked for a review of the Daily Living component having known. We seem to learn after the event ..
I so wish I had came across this site before Candice had filled the PIP form in, she was ill advised on a lot of questions But if the appeal is from scratch the Question regarding PLANING AND FOLLOWING JOURNEYS, was not considered, now I know what that entails she should be awarded points for this as it was a Zero (0) points.
Thank you again Gordon all the documentation is now Correct due to the information available here. It is now down to the appeal Judgement, I will let you know. Just wish I knew how long it will take. This has cause Candice to have MS flare up. Not good

More
8 years 10 months ago #136294 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP CLAIMANT worried you should be!
AL

PIP Is a very different benefit from DLA, the assessment criteria have few overlaps, PIP has a far more graded approach to assessment, but if you want one single difference between the two, the PIP Descriptors have been designed with the intention of reducing the disability budget by at least 20%. So, whilst some claimants will receive a higher award under PIP than they did under DLA, a significant number will see their award reduced and many will lose it entirely.

PIP appeal waiting times have improved over the last few months and I would hope that you would have a date within a couple of months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 10 months ago #136297 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic PIP CLAIMANT worried you should be!
AL

I totally agree with you, we need someone to champion our cause and let everyone know how unfair the PIP system is. It seems to be a lottery, rather than definite financial help for those who genuinely need it. I am currently fighting my own case with them, but when you're already ill, it's so huge a thing to have to do. I expect they bank on most people giving up the fight. This is a terrible way to treat people who are in genuine need.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136376 by algy193
Absolutely right Amanda, I am seeing it for myself with Candice, she has started with a MS flare-up I am trying my best to put hope in her mind, but the car was a means to this Lady's life and now everything through her eyes is a bleak one. PIP now I have seen it with my own eyes is in my opinion like you have said a Lottery. I hope you win your appeal Amanda I really do.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.