× Members

Face to Face "medical" no ESA50

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136981 by Anne-Marie Curry
Replied by Anne-Marie Curry on topic Face to Face "medical" no ESA50
Next update; ESA50 arrived today, no BF 223 though. The accompanying letter says ESA50 - Limited Capacity For Work Assessment! So have they got psychics working at the DWP now, shouldn't they decide that AFTER I've had my "medical"?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136998 by
Replied by on topic Face to Face "medical" no ESA50

Rita wrote: Next update; ESA50 arrived today, no BF 223 though. The accompanying letter says ESA50 - Limited Capacity For Work Assessment! So have they got psychics working at the DWP now, shouldn't they decide that AFTER I've had my "medical"?

Hi R,

I am not sure whether you have posed a question, however :

The information that you provide in The ESA50 along with any other supporting medical evidence will be used as part of your "Limited Capacity For Work Assessment", aka The ESA Work Capability Assessment. (WCA)

It is still not a definite that you will have to attend a face to face, as once Maximus receive your freshly filled in ESA50, they should decide whether a face to face is still necessary, or whether they can carry out a "paper based assessment" and make recommendations to The DWP ESA DM on the evidence that you have provided alone.

If you still have to attend a face to face, the information that you provide should be taken into account by the ESA DM, along with any recommendations made by Maximus as a result of the face to face.

The DM should then make a decision on your qualification for ESA taking all evidence into account on "the balance of probabilities".

Even though you have received the paper ESA50 through the post, you can still use :

The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 3rd & 4th links down :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus

Ensure that it is returned in good time to arrive back no later than the deadline date provided.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

More
8 years 10 months ago #137008 by peter
Replied by peter on topic Face to Face "medical" no ESA50
No wonder the country is broke.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anne-Marie Curry

More
8 years 9 months ago #137775 by Anne-Marie Curry
So, haven't been well enough to cordinate allthe evidence and send back the ESA 50. BF223 never arrived. Just call a direct phone call from the DWP, the voice at the end of the phone said they were about to stop my benefits because I have missed two medicals and used the "excuse" of Whooping Cough twice and thats six weeks now, implying I'm a liar! So I asked if he knew anything about the disease, his reply was a firm no. So I said I'd asked for a BF 223 form and it never arrived. So he said I didn't need one! I just need to get a doctors letter sent to Belfast ( my contact office, I live in London) and they would " consider it" I also said its not a reasonable conversation of he knows nothing about Whooping Cough but judges anyway. He got off the phone as quick as he could. By the way, I still don't have any voice and I have to shout to get sound out which hurts my throat gives me a headache and can lead to seeing my lunch again through spasms of coughing!

More
8 years 9 months ago #137782 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face to Face "medical" no ESA50
Rita

Try and get the letter sent over the weekend or as soon as you can.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anne-Marie Curry

More
8 years 9 months ago #138162 by Anne-Marie Curry
Update:

Phone call from DWP on Friday 10th.

Tried to get doctors appointment, develped kidney infection due to high temperature. My doctors are booked three weeks or more in advance. To get an appointment you have to ring at 7.00am and hope you get through before everyone else does.

On Tuesday P45 appeared, along with a letter saying from DWP saying they would no longer be taking an amount from my ESA towards my mortgage interest.

I rang them on 14th explaining I had difficulty getting an appointment with my GP, but once I had I would take the letter into Lewisham JCP to fax over.

Bearing in mind I only have intermittent sound coming from my larynx, had to sit with my daughter while she did the talking.

Got an appointment on Wednesday morning, Doctor has NO idea what patients like me go through and intially wasn't keen on writing a letter, I explained of she didn't I would have me benefits stopped. She also couldn't grasp that you can't just say "not well enough for a WCA" and she seemed to think I was making it all up. Promised me the letter by the end of the week.
Too ill with the throat and kidneys to pick it up, has to go to bed all Thursday and Friday.

My daughter rang on Wednesday pm when I had a hospital appointment to say the letter was done and we would not be posting it incase it got lost, we would book an appointment and fax it. DWP refused to speak to her.

After a long stressful Weds, told I need surgery, too ill with the throat and kidneys to pick it up, had to go to bed all Thursday and Friday.

Letter came from DWP on Saturday morning, ESA stopped backdated to 26th June due to failure to attend the WCA. Decision makers decision. Also from Lewisham saying my council tax benefit has stopped.

Will be getting the letter today, then an appointment. Will update as soon as there is any development.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.