× Members

Face to Face "medical" no ESA50

More
8 years 10 months ago #136825 by Anne-Marie Curry
Replied by Anne-Marie Curry on topic Face to Face "medical" no ESA50
I corrected them;

Thank you for your prompt and chronological reply.

The appointment in December 2013 was infact cancelled by the then provider, ATOS, your predecessor, they did not give me a reason.

With reference to the suggestion that I could have brought the ESA50 to the WCA tomorow, I would have had to have received the form in advance, and at this late stage is it not possible, the form will not reach me before the appointment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136832 by carruthers
Replied by carruthers on topic Face to Face "medical" no ESA50
You could try getting hold of the centre where your assessment is due to take place and point out that you currently have a serious infectious disease and that you are therefore a risk to the health of their staff.

Might not help but it shouldn't do any harm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anne-Marie Curry

More
8 years 10 months ago #136841 by Anne-Marie Curry
Whooping Cough is a notifiable disease, its says in the guidelines if you have a notifiable disease you don't need to attend a WCA while you are still ill. However, if the call centres don;t know that, the claimant is at a complete loss to have a conversation, and its all noticeably absent from the Maxiumus reply. I gues their PR are way ahead of their actual workers.! I have reported it three times and this time in writing, they aren't concerned presumably they donlt get paid for following guidelines = and don;t care what their frontline staff are exposed to either!

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136846 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Face to Face "medical" no ESA50

Rita wrote: Whooping Cough is a notifiable disease, its says in the guidelines if you have a notifiable disease you don't need to attend a WCA while you are still ill. However, if the call centres don;t know that, the claimant is at a complete loss to have a conversation, and its all noticeably absent from the Maxiumus reply. I gues their PR are way ahead of their actual workers.! I have reported it three times and this time in writing, they aren't concerned presumably they donlt get paid for following guidelines = and don;t care what their frontline staff are exposed to either!

Hi R,

I would definitely consider complaining to your M.P. !!

I believe Maximus are getting paid double what ATOS were, and need to be held to account.

Contacting your MP

Although not exactly the same, your e-mail from CHDA seems very similar to one that another member in a similar position received : Here.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136942 by Anne-Marie Curry
They are doing what call centres do: list every "ticket" they have on the software and any complaints are looked at in terms of factual/event choronolgy, so really, the e-mails that they ae sending to us, the clients "jobs" are really just covering their own backs interms of being paid for the work and taking all the actions they should take to satisfy their contract. After all, its the DWP who are their clients, not us. They have told B&W everyone gets a form, but they are telling us something different as evidenced by these two similar e-mails. I've been in bed all day, otherwise if I had the energy I would be contacting my MP! I am waiting for the ESA50 and BF223 from the DWP. Once I get those an send them back it will be easier to see where this is going. Maybe I'll get you failed to turn up and your benefit is suspended letter before I get the forms!

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136949 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Face to Face "medical" no ESA50

Rita wrote: They are doing what call centres do: list every "ticket" they have on the software and any complaints are looked at in terms of factual/event choronolgy, so really, the e-mails that they ae sending to us, the clients "jobs" are really just covering their own backs interms of being paid for the work and taking all the actions they should take to satisfy their contract. After all, its the DWP who are their clients, not us. They have told B&W everyone gets a form, but they are telling us something different as evidenced by these two similar e-mails. I've been in bed all day, otherwise if I had the energy I would be contacting my MP! I am waiting for the ESA50 and BF223 from the DWP. Once I get those an send them back it will be easier to see where this is going. Maybe I'll get you failed to turn up and your benefit is suspended letter before I get the forms!

Hi R,

Nothing should change now until you have filled in and returned the BF223 to The DWP.

I cannot see how a DM could decide that suffering from Whooping Cough was not "Good Cause" for non attendance.

I hope you start feeling a bit better soon !! :)

Please keep us updated.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.