× Members

CHANGES IN ESA AFTER 2013

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136849 by ALPHA
CHANGES IN ESA AFTER 2013 was created by ALPHA
I was successful in a ESA appeal in March 2013 and was given 2 years in the support group. What changes in the process could I expect if I fail to get the points required from the DWP Doctor and how has the ESA form changed since I last filled it in 2012.
Could you also put this question to the forum so I also get information from real people with real experiences in this matter.

Thank You
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.
The topic has been locked.
  • bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136858 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic CHANGES IN ESA AFTER 2013

ALPHA wrote: I was successful in a ESA appeal in March 2013 and was given 2 years in the support group. What changes in the process could I expect if I fail to get the points required from the DWP Doctor and how has the ESA form changed since I last filled it in 2012.
Could you also put this question to the forum so I also get information from real people with real experiences in this matter.

Thank You

Hi A,

There have not really been any changes to ESA legislation/qualifying criteria since 28/01/13.

Our current : ESA Claims Guides cover "things" as they are now, and any future changes will be reflected in said guides.

The recent changes to The ESA50 are mostly cosmetic, and you can download a copy of the most current version from this FAQ : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

I don't really understand your comment regarding "real people" ?

The three Mods that we have at the moment are all ex-members, who suffer from medical conditions themselves and in the majority of cases have been through the "Benefits System" themselves.

We have gained all our knowledge from those experiences, research and through answering thousands of similar queries from members. We volunteer to help members to "give something back".

Other members are most welcome to respond, but on the other hand this is not really a "chat forum".

People come here to post queries as they can be assured that the forum is a "safe place" to post and that any information provided by Mods is 100% accurate.

If Mods are not sure or do not know the answer to a query, they will not respond.

bro58
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136884 by ALPHA
Replied by ALPHA on topic CHANGES IN ESA AFTER 2013
We are all on the same boat here and do need reassurances from others on this boat. We would not be chatting here we would be and only can give information based on personal experiences and if something is some what misleading a mod can always add a guiding comment. It is very upsetting to what is happening to us and it would be nice to be comforted in numbers. I paid a lot of money 2 weeks shopping money to be a member. You have certainly contributed in the success which I thank you but ultimately its the health care professional's letter that determines the result. I would have to reconsider my membership in the future if the only people I'm in contact with is Mods with a disclaimer.

Thank You
  • bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136888 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic CHANGES IN ESA AFTER 2013

ALPHA wrote: We are all on the same boat here and do need reassurances from others on this boat. We would not be chatting here we would be and only can give information based on personal experiences and if something is some what misleading a mod can always add a guiding comment. It is very upsetting to what is happening to us and it would be nice to be comforted in numbers. I paid a lot of money 2 weeks shopping money to be a member. You have certainly contributed in the success which I thank you but ultimately its the health care professional's letter that determines the result. I would have to reconsider my membership in the future if the only people I'm in contact with is Mods with a disclaimer.

Thank You

Hi A,

As I have stated, other members are most welcome to respond.

However, I reiterate, this is not a "chat forum" and does not purport to be one.

The chat/discussion forum that we had closed several years ago.

Can I just remind you that your subs are paid for access and use of our "Members Only" Claims/Appeals Guides and not for the forum.

The forum is provided and run by the Mods voluntarily, as a courtesy and as an add-on to the Guides that the subs cover.

I will just draw your attention to the description on the Forum Home Page :

"ESA, PIP and DLA Queries and Results

OPENING HOURS: Mon to Fri. 2pm-4pm & 8pm-10pm

Share questions and results for ESA, PIP and DLA claim forms, medicals and appeals.

Please note: this forum is provided as a courtesy for members to share experiences, we don’t guarantee an answer to your query. "

I am sorry to hear that you appear to be unhappy with the facilities that we offer.

If you wish to discuss any issues further, you should direct your comments to Steve Donnison the site owner : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

bro58
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136896 by ALPHA
Replied by ALPHA on topic CHANGES IN ESA AFTER 2013
Most members can guarantee an answer from their experiences.
Would you be considering changes or a sister site ?

Thanks
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136900 by JenJJ
Replied by JenJJ on topic CHANGES IN ESA AFTER 2013

ALPHA wrote: We are all on the same boat here and do need reassurances from others on this boat. We would not be chatting here we would be and only can give information based on personal experiences and if something is some what misleading a mod can always add a guiding comment. It is very upsetting to what is happening to us and it would be nice to be comforted in numbers. I paid a lot of money 2 weeks shopping money to be a member. You have certainly contributed in the success which I thank you but ultimately its the health care professional's letter that determines the result. I would have to reconsider my membership in the future if the only people I'm in contact with is Mods with a disclaimer.

Thank You

I'm just a member and have been posting a little lately purely because I am caught up in the whole appeal process and it is all fresh in my mind and I am researching heavily to get my appeal in. All my posts here have been allowed on the forum. I'm no expert but I can also see other normal members posting experience too.

As to your reassessment, your point score is irrelevant as far as being in the support group. Getting 15 points and above in any of the Limited capability for Work descriptors will put you into the WRAG group. These descriptors are listed on Page 18 of this guide.
www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...a214-rev-oct2013.pdf

Do be in the support group you need to qualify against one of the Limited Capability for Work-related activity descriptors. See page 26 in the same guide
www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...a214-rev-oct2013.pdf

I would suggest that you look at your original decision and see which Limited Capability for Work-Related Activity descriptor put you in the support group and see if you still qualify and maybe obtain any medical evidence to show that you still qualify.

My view is that it is important to understand the difference between Page 18 and Page 26 of that guide. I think the wording of it is jargon like and deliberately designed to confuse in that most ordinary people would think that being found with "limited capability for work" would mean that you couldn't work when in fact it puts you into the WRAG group.

It took me ages to get my head around understanding this and I consider myself reasonably intelligent, lol but then again that could be due to my cognitive impairment (but then again ATOS reckon that I don't have that :laugh: )

I find it becomes clearer looking at both lists side by side, which is why I have linked to that site. (Note to mods, I can find the support group descriptors on this site, in fact they are top of my google search but I cannot easily find the limited capability for work descriptors and they don't appear on a google search. I'm not complaining because this site is an excellent resource but just giving some feedback on what I have found helpful in my understanding of the appeal process)
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.