× Members

CHANGES IN ESA AFTER 2013

More
8 years 10 months ago #136912 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic CHANGES IN ESA AFTER 2013
Hi

I have to agree. I don't post much these days as I am between reassessments, but I do read the forum most days. In my experience my posts have always be answered in a helpful, informative and timely manner. I am extremely grateful for all the hard works the mods do on here, especially bearing in mind they have health issues themselves. Which I sometimes think us members forget sometimes.

Alpha there are plenty of other forums out there for sick and disabled people, perhaps more in the vein of what you are looking for. They are more in the nature of chat and support forums, however in my opinion, useful as they are, no one beats B&W for helping us navigate our way through the very complex and confusing benefits system. I for one have found my membership worth every penny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58, Gordon, slugsta
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136915 by JenJJ
Replied by JenJJ on topic CHANGES IN ESA AFTER 2013

bro58 wrote: Don't worry Mh,

I am not "having a go" at any particular individual !!

We don't do that !!! :)

My comments were to try and clarify to all viewing members how the forum and Mods operate.

We find that we have to clarify things from time to time.

I honestly think that some members think that the 3 Mods are sitting in some office surrounded by reference books and databases with a hotline to The DWP !!! :laugh:

In reality, we are just 3 ex-members sitting at home sometimes in bed with our laptops/tablets on our knees !! :)

B&W helped us, so we take the time to research "Benefit Issues" in an attempt to help other members.

There was many a time in the past when the forum was open 24/7, and we were responding to more than 100 posts/day more than 1000/week, when I have got Spag Bol on my keyboard through eating whilst answering posts !! :laugh:

That's my "cred" out of the window !!! :laugh:

I can assure you that there are "no broken bones" with respect to anyone ! :)

bro58

Ok, no worries, I get it :) Thanks. For what it is worth, I have moderated on a couple of forums myself and I know how difficult it can be particularly when you are just volunteering your spare time. You all do a great job. I've not seen a day where posts haven't been responded to in a timely manner.

On the subject of the B&W guides, I think they are excellent. I think non-members can read these posts so I would say I have no regrets in paying my subscription. They are very detailed and thorough and quite literally a walkthrough guide of what you need to do.

The subject matter is another matter. That's confusing but then that is down to the DWP and I guess deliberately complicated.

The definitions of limited capability for work and limited capability for work-related activity took me ages to get. The issue, which you clarified in a previous posts, with regards the potential scoring of many points and never getting support group, took some time too to get that light bulb moment.

Thanks once again :)
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.
  • bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136916 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic CHANGES IN ESA AFTER 2013

Millhouse wrote:

bro58 wrote: Don't worry Mh,

I am not "having a go" at any particular individual !!

We don't do that !!! :)

My comments were to try and clarify to all viewing members how the forum and Mods operate.

We find that we have to clarify things from time to time.

I honestly think that some members think that the 3 Mods are sitting in some office surrounded by reference books and databases with a hotline to The DWP !!! :laugh:

In reality, we are just 3 ex-members sitting at home sometimes in bed with our laptops/tablets on our knees !! :)

B&W helped us, so we take the time to research "Benefit Issues" in an attempt to help other members.

There was many a time in the past when the forum was open 24/7, and we were responding to more than 100 posts/day more than 1000/week, when I have got Spag Bol on my keyboard through eating whilst answering posts !! :laugh:

That's my "cred" out of the window !!! :laugh:

I can assure you that there are "no broken bones" with respect to anyone ! :)

bro58

Ok, no worries, I get it :) Thanks. For what it is worth, I have moderated on a couple of forums myself and I know how difficult it can be particularly when you are just volunteering your spare time. You all do a great job. I've not seen a day where posts haven't been responded to in a timely manner.

On the subject of the B&W guides, I think they are excellent. I think non-members can read these posts so I would say I have no regrets in paying my subscription. They are very detailed and thorough and quite literally a walkthrough guide of what you need to do.

The subject matter is another matter. That's confusing but then that is down to the DWP and I guess deliberately complicated.

The definitions of limited capability for work and limited capability for work-related activity took me ages to get. The issue, which you clarified in a previous posts, with regards the potential scoring of many points and never getting support group, took some time too to get that light bulb moment.

Thanks once again :)

Yes Mh,

The forum can be read by anyone.

Only members can read our Guides and post on the forum.

I too struggled a bit initially comprehending LCW and LCWRA.

I persevered and with help from the Mods at that time I finally "got it" !! :)

Before ESA, you were either fit for work, or unfit for work, that was it !

How things have changed !! :(

bro58
More
8 years 10 months ago #136923 by redgt9
Replied by redgt9 on topic CHANGES IN ESA AFTER 2013
I like the way this site is run and the Mods do great work, they have helped me a few times now :)
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136924 by ALPHA
Replied by ALPHA on topic CHANGES IN ESA AFTER 2013
Refreshing to be in contact with a non mod with a personal input that gives a feeling of not being alone.
Thank You

Please note the mods are very helpful and are good people but are impersonal as professionals should be.
  • bro58
8 years 10 months ago #136932 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic CHANGES IN ESA AFTER 2013

ALPHA wrote: Refreshing to be in contact with a non mod with a personal input that gives a feeling of not being alone.
Thank You

Please note the mods are very helpful and are good people but are impersonal as professionals should be.

Hi A,

To reiterate once more we are ex-members not "professionals" and this is not a chat forum.

I have no more to say on this matter, and any further comments that you may have regarding this issue should be directed towards the site owner.

I am now locking this topic, as this is not a chat/discussion forum.

bro58
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.