× Members

pip q 2a

More
8 years 9 months ago #139478 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip q 2a

tony wrote: ok managed to get a home visit coz of my mobility and a doctors letter

what can I expect at my home visit now ???

any help

PIP home assessments are not significantly from the interviews held in the Assessment Providers offices, have a look at the PIP Claim guide there is a section at the back that covers this.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141321 by tony
Replied by tony on topic pip q 2a
ok had my home visit and 3 weeks later had my letter giving me 26 points care and 14 mobility
but only for 2 years

with so many points is it worth asking them to look again for a longer period of more than 2 years as seems short and I been on dla since 2000

More
8 years 7 months ago #141322 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip q 2a

tony wrote: ok had my home visit and 3 weeks later had my letter giving me 26 points care and 14 mobility
but only for 2 years

with so many points is it worth asking them to look again for a longer period of more than 2 years as seems short and I been on dla since 2000

Whilst the length of the award is part of the Decision and can therefore be challenged I'm not aware of anybody doing this on this forum or any of the others that I maintain a watch on.

The PIP legislation allows for a re-assessment to be done at any time and for any reason, so there is the possibility that even if you were given an extension to your award that the DWP may still re-assess you as currently planned.

Obviously the award length should be a reflection of your conditions and the likelihood of them improving, but the DWP maintain an optimistic view of most claimants ability to recover from deteriorating and incurable conditions.

The bottom line is that it's a decision that only you can make.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• nana neesie
8 years 7 months ago #141337 by nana neesie
Replied by nana neesie on topic pip q 2a
hi tony my hubby has too and more but been refused twice ?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris