× Members

pip q 2a

More
8 years 9 months ago #139066 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip q 2a

tony wrote: ok keeping it in all one place

form went off week later got a letter from capita asking me to come to a medical in less than 2 weeks
it list how I should make the trip which is over an hour away
but it they not looked at my form as I said I cant walk more than 50 yards yet they want me to walk half a mile to a bus stop

can you ask for a home visit now ???

if I am forced to go can you have the medical assessment recorded as my memory is not that good

You will need to get your GP to write to Capita on your behalf explaining why you cannot attend at their offices, any decision on this is at their discretion.

You cannot request a PIP assessment be recorded, the Assessment Providers are not required to provide this facility. You can provide the equipment your self but you will need to provide a dual recording facility using either tape or CD, digital recordings will not be accepted. You will still need permission to do this.

You can also covertly record the assessment, but you should be aware that if found to be doing this the assessor may curtail the assessment and you might be classed as failing to participate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #139067 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip q 2a

tony wrote: ok keeping it in all one place

form went off week later got a letter from capita asking me to come to a medical in less than 2 weeks
it list how I should make the trip which is over an hour away
but it they not looked at my form as I said I cant walk more than 50 yards yet they want me to walk half a mile to a bus stop

can you ask for a home visit now ???

if I am forced to go can you have the medical assessment recorded as my memory is not that good

You will need to get your GP to write to Capita on your behalf explaining why you cannot attend at their offices, any decision on this is at their discretion.

You cannot request a PIP assessment be recorded, the Assessment Providers are not required to provide this facility. You can provide the equipment your self but you will need to provide a dual recording facility using either tape or CD, digital recordings will not be accepted. You will still need permission to do this.

You can also covertly record the assessment, but you should be aware that if found to be doing this the assessor may curtail the assessment and you might be classed as failing to participate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139296 by tony
Replied by tony on topic pip q 2a
ok got a nice letter off my doctor asking capita for a home visit due to my mobility so rang them and asked where to send the letter was told to send it to the DWP and not to them spoke to DWP and got address to sent it to DWP

but would like to send it to CAPITA as well just to cover myself anyone know the address to send further information letter to at CAPITA
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139304 by
Replied by on topic pip q 2a

tony wrote: ok got a nice letter off my doctor asking capita for a home visit due to my mobility so rang them and asked where to send the letter was told to send it to the DWP and not to them spoke to DWP and got address to sent it to DWP

but would like to send it to CAPITA as well just to cover myself anyone know the address to send further information letter to at CAPITA

Hi T,

I would send a copy to Capita, as it is they who decide whether you have to attend an Assessment Centre or not, not The DWP.

Contact Capita.

As well as posting a copy, you could scan the letter and attach it to an e-mail to Capita.

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

More
8 years 9 months ago #139344 by tony
thanks for the info but capita will not except any emails with an attached lettertalk about making it hard for everyone they know that you will be sending copies of letter to them

More
8 years 9 months ago #139472 by tony
ok managed to get a home visit coz of my mobility and a doctors letter

what can I expect at my home visit now ???

any help

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris