× Members

Mandatory reconsideration turned down

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138091 by Lala125
Mandatory reconsideration turned down was created by Lala125
Hi
I received that dreaded brown envelope. On review my enhanced pip for care was taken away. I put in a Mandatory reconsideration with a support from my therapist and how my condition affects me however the previous decision stands. Now it looks like tribunal is my next step. I followed the guides for the mandatory reconsideration but it was still refused. I really think it was capita medical that weighed up their decision however I cannot comment on the report as I'm still waiting for the report after requesting a copy three times by telephone and once by recorded letter and I'm still waiting seven weeks later. I really don't know what else I can send to support my claim.
Please help!
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138107 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Mandatory reconsideration turned down
Hi Laila,

I'm sorry to hear that you will have to go to tribunal :( It's hard to know what else to advise as I don't know what evidence/information you have already supplied or what else might be available.

Do you think it might be worth having a look at your GP's records? This can be helpful if you are under sole GP care or if there might be a lot of letters from consultants that you don't have copies of.

Requesting Your Medical Recordsl

Charging for medical records

Is there a friend or relative who would be prepared to write a statement for you? These do not carry as much weight as medical reports but I supplied 2, from friends who have medical/caring backgrounds, for my ESA MR which was successful.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by slugsta. Reason: typo

More
8 years 9 months ago #138139 by Lala125
Replied by Lala125 on topic Mandatory reconsideration turned down
Hi
Far as I know they used my medical reports from my first claim in 2014 not review so these reports are what got me the high care rate then. I did see my doctor after this and they have not requested nothing from him, he is my new doctor and I have not really discussed much with him like I did with my old one who I had know for 20 years. He did say the report would be more supporting as it is therapy and I open up.
I do remember capita saying they had a medical report from 2014 which is my old doctor. My medical was 2 days later when I got a call and did not feel that I could speak out because I was so nervous. I do believe it is based on the medical.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138140 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory reconsideration turned down
Lala

Hopefully you will get a copy of the assessment report soon, but failing that there will be a copy in the DWP's submission for any appeal that you make.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lala125

More
8 years 9 months ago #138144 by Lala125
Replied by Lala125 on topic Mandatory reconsideration turned down
Hi
With my tribunal form and mandatory letter from the DWP is it ok to send in extra letters of support for my claim or just the form and DWP letter?
Thanks

More
8 years 9 months ago #138177 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory reconsideration turned down

Lala125 wrote: Hi
With my tribunal form and mandatory letter from the DWP is it ok to send in extra letters of support for my claim or just the form and DWP letter?
Thanks

You can but you might want to wait until you receive the DP submission so you can see how the Decision was made and can offer counter arguments.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.