× Members

Mandatory reconsideration turned down

More
8 years 6 months ago #142338 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory reconsideration turned down

Lala125 wrote: Hi
I have been waiting for a pip tribunal date since July and still waiting -
What is the average wait time please?

As far as I am aware the Tribunal Service don't produce any regional statistics, you can try contacting the TS for an update, there should a phone number on the letter accepting your appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142634 by Lala125
Replied by Lala125 on topic Mandatory reconsideration turned down
Hi
I'm still waiting for a tribunal court date- do I send in the written arguments that are written in my medical or wait for a court date to send ?
Many thanks

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142646 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Mandatory reconsideration turned down
If you have an address to send it to it would be probably best to send it in now.
That gives them plenty of time before the hearing to read through it.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by foss27. Reason: Spelling mistake

More
8 years 6 months ago #142670 by Gordon
Lala

Just to add to the advice already given.

You will receive a submission from the DWP which is their case to the Tribunal, you might want until you have received this and had a chance to read it before you send in your own submission to ensure that any points that the DWP have raised that you have not covered can be included in your papers.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lala125

More
8 years 5 months ago #143573 by Lala125
Replied by Lala125 on topic Mandatory reconsideration turned down
Hi,
I now have my tribunal date for pip.

I suffer with Anxiety and depression. I was awarded max award for care and zero for mobility on original claim but lost points on review therefore I now have nothing even though my condition has not improved.
With the help of a disability adviser gone through the medical report and papers.
There is a lot of information in the report that is not correct and will form part of my appeal
Also a letter from my mental health team.

I am so anxious and don't think I can cope by going to the tribunal in person. If I change to a paper hearing am I losing my chance of putting my difficulties across as I feel that at times I freeze and misunderstood when trying to express myself like the medical for instance I just felt as if I was judged so at times no words would come out my mouth.
I am so worried but don't want to regret not going and lose my only chance.
Many thanks

More
8 years 5 months ago #143584 by Gordon
Lala

This is always a difficult decision that only the claimant can make, attend and risk assumptions on your capabilities being made, or not attend and have to rely solely on their submission and evidence for a Decision to be made.

Statistically your chances are much better if you attend but if you are looking for an award for Mobility based on Agoraphobia, Social Anxiety or the like then it may count against you. You may be able to reduce the effect by having someone with you at the appeal but there is no guarantee.

Have you discussed this with your advisor?

If you want to switch to a Paper Appeal then you need to contact the Clerk of the Court at the venue where your hearing is scheduled to tell them, you will probably need to confirm this in writing.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lala125

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.