× Members

Please Help

More
8 years 11 months ago #135105 by Teddington
PIP review a year before award ends was created by Teddington
My PIP award's end date is 2016. So I received my full application PIP2 form in March, completed and sent it back in April . And I waited for my medical invitation. (I had my medical assessment with Atos last year and it was my first application ).
I recently received a letter from DWP saying 'they now have the reposts and everything to make the decision and they are sorry it's taking a long.
I don't want to sound silly but does it mean that I won't have a medical assessment this time?
Is it a positive or negative to NOT to get offered medical assessment.
I know you can't say it for certain but I am very confused and so worried .
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135141 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review a year before award ends

Teddington wrote: My PIP award's end date is 2016. So I received my full application PIP2 form in March, completed and sent it back in April . And I waited for my medical invitation. (I had my medical assessment with Atos last year and it was my first application ).
I recently received a letter from DWP saying 'they now have the reposts and everything to make the decision and they are sorry it's taking a long.
I don't want to sound silly but does it mean that I won't have a medical assessment this time?
Is it a positive or negative to NOT to get offered medical assessment.
I know you can't say it for certain but I am very confused and so worried .
Thank you.

Despite the fact that PIP has been "live" for about two years we have not seen enough claims where no face to face assessment was made to offer a definitive answer.

On the positive side and assuming that you have a reasonable expectation that you meet the criteria then it should be a good thing, as it means that the assessor was able to make a recommendation on claim form and the evidence attached.

The negative aspect, is whether that recommendation is a proper reflection of your problems, I think it more likely that you would receive a lower award if they have not had a chance to see and speak to you. I want to stress that this is not based on statistical evidence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 11 months ago #135158 by Teddington
Replied by Teddington on topic PIP review a year before award ends
" The negative aspect, is whether that recommendation is a proper reflection of your problems, I think it more likely that you would receive a lower award if they have not had a chance to see and speak to you. I want to stress that this is not based on statistical evidence."

This is what's stressing me the most because I didn't have a chance to explain how my disability is effecting my life face to face.
I believe that I provided good supporting doctor letters.

Thank you.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135164 by Teddington
I have been thinking; so not having a face to face is not good at all and it is likely that I would end up receiving lower award. Is that correct?
I know you canot say anything for certain but like I said I have been trying to understand if it is going to effect my award negatively because I didn't get face to face assessment.

Sorry Gordon if I am repeating myself again; you guys are the only person I can ask questions about all this.

Many thanks Again.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135168 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review a year before award ends
Teddington

I want to stress that my comment suggests a possibility not a certainty, it could well be that your form and evidence was so compelling that it was easy for them to recommend a correct award.

From my own experience it is easy to fear the worst and whilst it is easier said than done, until you receive a Decision Letter any speculation as to an award will only serve to make your health worse.

Let's wait and see what happens, you never know you might be pleasantly surprised.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teddington

More
8 years 11 months ago #135173 by Teddington
Thank you very much Gordon.

I understand you didn't say that for certain but all are possibilities.
I was so expecting to have face to face assessment and I think I am confused and suprised for not having one.

Stress is no good for my health but I couldn't stop thinking about this. Your messages have made me feel better though. I mean, it's really good to talk to someone about these problems / matters.

I am so glad that I found this website. You all do help a lot to people like me.

Well, like you said ; I can only wait for my brown envelope to come through and hopefully it will be all good.

Thank you again :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.