× Members

Please Help

More
8 years 8 months ago #138793 by Teddington
Replied by Teddington on topic PIP review a year before award ends
Firstly , I would love to thank you all! B&W is the best site ever. It is very difficult live with horrible illnesses day to day and we had no where to turn to seek help . I am once again very thankful for all the extremely valuable informations that you provide to us.
You might remember that I received a letter saying I didn't need a fave to face medical for my PIP.
After this letter I waited good few weeks to receive my decision. Finally 'brown envelope ' came last Wednesday.
I have been awarded enhanced for both daily living and mobility until September 2017. (My initial award was supposed to end april 2016.)
Letter says, they will not review my claim until August 2016 then on first page it says 'they will review my claim after 2020. Which is very confusing but I think this can be a admin error. What do you think?
I cannot tell you all that how happy I am. I read all your guides and provided lots of evidences, doctor letters etc.
Thank you all very much !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #138821 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review a year before award ends
Teddington

First of all, congratulations on the award.

A two year award until 2017 with a re-assessment next year is consistent with current DWP policy, the 2020 date is inconsistent with the other two, but if you are still concerned phone the DWP office that dealt with your claim and ask which applicable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teddington

More
8 years 8 months ago #138853 by Teddington
Replied by Teddington on topic PIP review a year before award ends
Thank you Gordon.
I think I will have my review again in 2016. But I might ring DWP to make this clear.
Once again, I am thanking you for all your help. I am very ill and my disabilities making my life so hard everyday. I always worked before I fell very ill. I had no idea how the benefit system works and what they expect from me etc. Being disabled one thing and trying to explain your own life to the complete strangers other thing. I didn't even know how to explain myself on the form.
Thank you so much again for all valuable and extremely helpful guidance you are providing to the people like me.
I renewed my membership again for this year and I will definitely continue to do so. 20 pounds is nothing compering to the all the information you give.

Thank you millions, Gordon, bro58 , Mrs H and to all of you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newcastle1949

More
8 years 8 months ago #139088 by Teddington
Replied by Teddington on topic Please Help
Hi,
I was awarded my PIP last year for 2 years. And last April, I received a new form from DWP saying 'we are looking into your award again' . So I filled it send it back. Only two weeks ago I received my new award letter saying my award is for two years . My new award said , we will not contact you before 2016 and you will have a review after 2020. Do I rang DWP to clarify and I was given 5 days for call back. No one has called me.
Today, I received a brand new form from DWP saying 'we are against looking at you PIP' . It's the exactly the same one that I just filled in April and only 2 weeks ago I received my new award form.
I am so confused and stressed . It's too late ring them now and I really don't know what to think. Does DWP make mistake sending new forms when they shouldn't ?
Thank you.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139091 by Teddington
Replied by Teddington on topic Please Help
I forgot to mention;
My award decision letter and how you disability affects you form were sent on the same day.
It's really bizarre. How can they give me award decision and also send me a new form on the same day ?
Thank you.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139092 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review a year before award ends
Teddington

Are the DWP capable of getting it wrong big time, very definitely yes!

Unfortunately it is difficult to offer any advice until you spoken to them again, Try ringing them tomorrow morning as early as possible and insist on a three hour call back.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teddington

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.