× Members

Please Help

More
8 years 8 months ago #139096 by Teddington
Replied by Teddington on topic PIP review a year before award ends
Hi Gordon,
Sorry maybe it's a stupid question but; do I need to ask for 3 hours call back? I mean , can't the person on the DWP phone line explain the situation?
I am very new to all this yet. So I only asked for a call back once to clarify my new award's review time which I have never received one.
I cannot believe they actually sent my new award decision letter and 'how your disability affect you ' form on the same day.
I will try to get some sleep but I don't think I can . It's keep going around in my mind . I am very confused.
Many thank again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139097 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review a year before award ends

Teddington wrote: Hi Gordon,
Sorry maybe it's a stupid question but; do I need to ask for 3 hours call back? I mean , can't the person on the DWP phone line explain the situation?
I am very new to all this yet. So I only asked for a call back once to clarify my new award's review time which I have never received one.
I cannot believe they actually sent my new award decision letter and 'how your disability affect you ' form on the same day.
I will try to get some sleep but I don't think I can . It's keep going around in my mind . I am very confused.
Many thank again.

The call centre staff only have access to the information that is available on the PIP computer system, the problem is that whatever they are doing with the original Decision Letter and this new form is unlikely to be explained in your computer record.

You also need to speak to someone in authority to have the new PIP2 form rescinded, the call centre staff do not have authority to do this.

My best guess is that someone thinks that a Change of Circumstances has been report and that is why the new form has been issued, but you will have to wait until you speak to someone for a clearer idea of what is going on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teddington

More
8 years 8 months ago #139098 by Teddington
Thank you very much again for very useful advice Gordon. I will ring them in the morning and hopefully I will get this sorted.
I will keep you updated.
Thank you ever so much.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139108 by Teddington
Hi,
I just talked to DWP and they cannot see my award letter or the new form on their system .
Person on the phone said 5 days call back despite of me insisti g for quicker / sooner.
I really don't know what to do.
Thank you.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139120 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review a year before award ends

Teddington wrote: Hi,
I just talked to DWP and they cannot see my award letter or the new form on their system .
Person on the phone said 5 days call back despite of me insisti g for quicker / sooner.
I really don't know what to do.
Thank you.

Did you point out that you had not received the last call back that they promised?

You need to give some thought to this latest form.

The PIP legislation allows the DWP to do a PIP re-assessment at any time, there is not even a waiting time since the last Decision. If a new form has been issued then it is likely that the system is expecting it's return and your claim can be closed for failing to do so.

On the assumption that your conditions have not changed much since the last assessment you should be able to use the contents of the previous PIP2 form to complete this new one. Obviously you might want to leave it as late as possible in the hope that it gets withdrawn, but don't leave it so late that you cannot complete it in detail.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teddington

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.