× Members

Atos Pip assesment yesterday

More
8 years 7 months ago #140373 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Atos Pip assesment yesterday
Trale

Forgive me I am a bit confused :)

You start you post by saying you are happy with the award you have received but the ask about requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration!

Asking for an MR opens your whole award to review again, in addition to increasing your award, the DM can leave it as it is, reduce it or even remove it if they feel that this is justified from the evidence available.

I would recommend that you have a good read of the PIP Claim guide and the DWP assessment guide in regard to your scoring points for the Going Out Descriptor.

If you still want to go ahead with an MR then have a look at the PIP Appeal guide which explains the process.

As to Making Decision About Money, it is not clear from your post whether you cannot mange your money and bills or whether it is easier for your wife to do it, if the former then you may score additional points, if the latter then you won't. There are very specific definitions of what this Descriptor entails.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140395 by Trales9
Replied by Trales9 on topic Atos Pip assesment yesterday
As stated I am very happy and grateful for any government help but the point I'm trying to get across is that having fully explained my position regards budgeting etc on my application ,it seems that my evidence has been dismissed by Atos by stating that I said at my interview I do not need help with budgeting when in truth I said no such thing .(thus the decision maker will not have taken into account my submission)
Thus if my submission was looked at again by the decision maker in the light of me disputing this was ever said perhaps I could gain the 2 points required for mobility.
Also having worked and paid stamps etc for 48 years and filling my application in honestly MR holds no fears for me.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #140416 by Gordon

Trales9 wrote: As stated I am very happy and grateful for any government help but the point I'm trying to get across is that having fully explained my position regards budgeting etc on my application ,it seems that my evidence has been dismissed by Atos by stating that I said at my interview I do not need help with budgeting when in truth I said no such thing .(thus the decision maker will not have taken into account my submission)
Thus if my submission was looked at again by the decision maker in the light of me disputing this was ever said perhaps I could gain the 2 points required for mobility.
Also having worked and paid stamps etc for 48 years and filling my application in honestly MR holds no fears for me.

Scoring points for Managing Money won't count towards a Mobility award, this only considers points from the Going Out and Moving Around Descriptors, you did mention that you had issues in this area?

If you have a look at the DWP Assessment guide you will see that they are primarily looking for claimants with a history of agoraphobia or social anxiety, or cognitive problems in regard to Going Out.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140435 by Trales9
Please read what I stated earlier regards 2 more points required,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,On another point even though I am gratefull for any gov help I am a little disturbed by the Atos assesment as on the decision makers reasoning letter it says,,,,on your questionaire you say you have difficulties planning and following a journey but at your assesment you said you have no difficulties,I never said such a thing,,,,,,,this is where I feel I should be awarded something as on my questionnaire I gave an A4 sized reasoning why I need help due to stress and anxiety regards going out and I feel this was overlooked by the decision maker due to the assessor stating in her report (wrongly) that I said I didn't need help.

Do you now understand?

More
8 years 7 months ago #140457 by Gordon
Trales

The Decision Maker will assume that the assessment report is factually correct, even if you contact and say that your "admission" that there is no problem at the assessment did not happen, it is unlikely to change their mind.

You're a relatively new user so I assume that you did not use our guides to complete your form, I would start by going through the PIP Claim guide to make sure that you fully understand the Mobility criteria against which you are being assessed, I would also have a look at the DWP Assessment guide to understand the perspective that the assessor and DM will have placed on it.

I am assuming that you do not believe that you have a solid argument for scoring the extra points by showing that you cannot walk 20m or less, so you will have to score points from the Going Out Descriptor.

This Descriptor looks at three areas, you ability to plan a route, your ability to follow that route where the destination is unfamiliar to you and to follow where you are familiar with the destination. Any physical difficulties you have with following the route are specifically excluded.

If you have not already done so, then you need to request a copy of the assessment report, you can phone the DWP office that dealt with your claim but I would follow it up with a written request.

When you have the report you should go through your original form with the assessors comments (if any) and look to see if you can explain your problems more in line with the Descriptors. To be classed as being able to complete a task you need to be able to do it reliably (see the guide for a definition) and for the majority of days.

You can include your submission with the request for MR or within four weeks if you state on the request that you will be doing so, although we advise your to submit the information as soon as you can.

Gordon

More
8 years 7 months ago #140462 by Trales9
Many thanks again Gordon ,yes I did use the guides and trawled the forum when filling in the forms and found them very helpful. The descriptor going out is where I feel I should score points but the assessor states I said I don't need help but this is not the case.
In reality atMR is there any chance the decision maker would look at my evidence again also with a more detailed statement from me added?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.