× Members

Dirty Tricks!

More
8 years 7 months ago #141539 by tedthered64
Dirty Tricks! was created by tedthered64
I submitted letter for ESA MR on 15/9/15 and stated that my GP was on holiday until 28th September but would be submitting a supporting letter on 29/9/15 on her return.

My GP gave me this very supportive letter on 29/9/15 and it was sent to DWP by recorded delivery, they recieved 2/10/15 and was signed for.

I kept the DWP aware of this throughout the period that my GP was away asking them to please wait for her letter.

To my horror but not surprise a letter arrives this morning, saying as no additional evidence was recieved they are sticking to the original decision!

Must be a record time for an MR 2 weeks!

My question is this, is it worth calling them to say that additional evidence is in their procession or do I just accept it and go down the tribunal route.

If the latter is the case, I hope an independent panel will ask them why on earth did the DM not wait for the supporting evidence?

Sorry for being a pest but any help regards this and my next steps would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Ted

Ps how low will these people stoop to in order to deny genuine people the help that they require and are indeed entitled to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141554 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dirty Tricks!
Ted

Revision rates during MR are supposed to be as high as 30%, but we simply don't see this level of success on the forum, there may be reasons for this that are specific to B&W and possibly other advice sites, but my best estimate is that the figure is around 10% and I'm not really convinced it is even that good.

As to whether you should ask them to look at it again on the basis that they have not included your GP's letter in their deliberations and I agree that it is very unlikely that they did, is one that only you can make. The question you need to ask is whether the letter is a game changer? Does it directly address the ESA Descriptors that you expect to score against and does the reasoning offer a direct link between your conditions and how they effect you.

If you believe that this is the case then you might want to try for another MR, I guess in principle you are only loosing time if you intend to go onto appeal if unsuccessful.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tedthered64

More
8 years 7 months ago #141594 by tedthered64
Replied by tedthered64 on topic Dirty Tricks!
Thanks Gordon,
I have contacted them and they have asked me to fax it to them so that they can reconsider it.
Thanks
Ted

More
8 years 7 months ago #141599 by tedthered64
Hi Gordon,
After speaking to a chap in dispute resuloution team at Balham, he advised me to fax the additional information to him.

Unfortunately the 2 fax numbers he gave me are not receiving, strange indeed.

I duly contacted him again to advise of this and was given an email address that went like this, DWP ESA wca Balham Dispute Resuloution!!

I said to him that is a very strange email address to which he replied that is the correct one, I asked about it ending in .gov.uk again he said no that should be fine.

Unsurprisingly the email failed to send due to it being an invalid email address.

I am going to go into the local job centre tomorrow to ask them to either fax it or send it.

What on earth is going on?

Ted

More
8 years 7 months ago #141606 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dirty Tricks!
Ted

It's unusual for the DWP to give out an email address, so I'm not surprised that they got it wrong, I would expect it to be something like

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

although I doubt that this is the actual email address.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #141608 by tedthered64
Thanks Gordon, I will have a little go at that'
Ted

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.