× Members

Dirty Tricks!

More
8 years 5 months ago #144272 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dirty Tricks!

tedthered64 wrote: Quick update.

First of all apologies for posting before my last post is answered.

I have spoken to the tribunals service today and was informed by a really helpful clerk that the DWP will only provide evidence in their bundle that is helpful to them!

They are within their rights to hold back anything that may be helpful to me, I find this appalling.

However, I am advised to send my evidence to the tribunal service by recorded delivery and they will forward a copy on to the DWP and may ask them why it was not included in the original bundle.

Again, is this what I should do.

Thank you

Ted

This is completely incorrect and illegal.

The DWP must provide any and all documents used in the making of the Decision, they have no discretion over this. It would be like the prosecution in a murder trial not providing the defence with evidence that showed that the defendant could not have committed the crime, just to win their case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144285 by tedthered64
Replied by tedthered64 on topic Dirty Tricks!
Hi Gordon,

Thank you for the reply.

I have all the information in front of me and can show with 100% certainty that the DWP withheld the information I provided them with when sending in my mandatory request.

I have proof of receipt that they recieved this and indeed they have included some of the other evidence to the tribunal that I sent in the same envelope I sent it to the DWP!

It was a detailed response highlighting all the reasons of why I felt I met the descriptors, 9 pages in total, this is what they 'neglected' to provide to the tridunal service in their bundle.

What should I do next Girdon.

Regards
Ted

More
8 years 5 months ago #144305 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dirty Tricks!
Ted

I would provide the evidence to the TS with a covering letter saying that it had not been included in the DWP bundle and that as far as you are aware it was available to the Decision Maker when then made the Decision, you can reference the fact that information that was in the same envelope was supplied.

However, the Tribunal are not overly interested in how the DWP made their Decision although they will not ignore it, their goal is to make a Decision from scratch, so you still need to concentrate on showing that you meet the criteria for an award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tedthered64

More
8 years 5 months ago #144308 by tedthered64
Replied by tedthered64 on topic Dirty Tricks!
Thanks Girdon,

That's exactly what I will do.
Ted

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.