× Members

Dirty Tricks!

More
8 years 6 months ago #142430 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dirty Tricks!

tedthered64 wrote: Once the tribunal recieved my appeal, which they did on Tuesday gone, signed for, roughly how long does it take for ESA assessment rate to be reinstated if the appeal is indeed accepted by the tribunal.
Regards
Ted

The TS should acknowledge the appeal within 10 days, it's usually quicker, the letter you receive about this will also be sent to the DWP, although it can take a while to get through their internal mail system, so I would give it 2 or 3 days before contacting the DWP after you receive the letter.

Don't forget you will need a Fit Note for payments to be released and dated from the day after your ESA was stopped to receive back payments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tedthered64

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142438 by tedthered64
Replied by tedthered64 on topic Dirty Tricks!
Thanks Gordon.

I actually got a 3 month fit note on the day the ESA stopped, will this note be acceptable to them?

Regards
Ted

More
8 years 6 months ago #142453 by Gordon

tedthered64 wrote: Thanks Gordon.

I actually got a 3 month fit note on the day the ESA stopped, will this note be acceptable to them?

Regards
Ted

There should be no problem with this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tedthered64

More
8 years 5 months ago #144238 by tedthered64
Hi guys,

Sorry not been on for a while but been quite ill.

I was wondering if you can help me please.

I recieved my bundle from the DWP on Saturday in relation to my appeal for ESA.

However, I was quite disturbed to notice that the detailed letter that I sent by recorded delivery and also sent via a civil servant at my local job centre by fax to ensure they recieved it, which contained my detailed response in requesting a mandatory request is missing from the bundle!

They have attached the bog standard request form which was sent in the same envelope as my detailed response, so they can't say they never recieved it!

I also have noticed that the numerous telephone conversations I had with them are also missing, they have included just one of these logs in the bundle.

I am going to send this information to the tribunal tomorrow' explaining that this information is missing from my bundle of evidence sent to me by the DWP.

Is This the right course of action?

How low will these people stoop?

Thank you in advance.

Ted

More
8 years 5 months ago #144254 by tedthered64
Quick update.

First of all apologies for posting before my last post is answered.

I have spoken to the tribunals service today and was informed by a really helpful clerk that the DWP will only provide evidence in their bundle that is helpful to them!

They are within their rights to hold back anything that may be helpful to me, I find this appalling.

However, I am advised to send my evidence to the tribunal service by recorded delivery and they will forward a copy on to the DWP and may ask them why it was not included in the original bundle.

Again, is this what I should do.

Thank you

Ted

More
8 years 5 months ago #144271 by Gordon

tedthered64 wrote: Hi guys,

Sorry not been on for a while but been quite ill.

I was wondering if you can help me please.

I recieved my bundle from the DWP on Saturday in relation to my appeal for ESA.

However, I was quite disturbed to notice that the detailed letter that I sent by recorded delivery and also sent via a civil servant at my local job centre by fax to ensure they recieved it, which contained my detailed response in requesting a mandatory request is missing from the bundle!

They have attached the bog standard request form which was sent in the same envelope as my detailed response, so they can't say they never recieved it!

I also have noticed that the numerous telephone conversations I had with them are also missing, they have included just one of these logs in the bundle.

I am going to send this information to the tribunal tomorrow' explaining that this information is missing from my bundle of evidence sent to me by the DWP.

Is This the right course of action?

How low will these people stoop?

Thank you in advance.

Ted

Yes you should contact the Tribunal Service about anything to do with the appeal rather than the DWP.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.