× Members

Home visit?!

More
8 years 6 months ago #143246 by Zoe
Home visit?! was created by Zoe
I'm trying to fill out a PIP2 form that was recently sent out to me; I've never applied for anything like this before so finding the whole process a bit daunting (though the guides here are priceless!).

I didn't have a PIP1 form (not sure if everyone has this or whether this is info covered in the initial phone call?), nor did anyone ask me on the phone if I could attend a face to face assessment without issue. Reaching the end of the PIP2 form, I can see there's three lines where one can indicate if a home assessment would be required and why. My conditions are incredibly variable, but the reality is that I cannot leave bed, much less the house, more than 1-2 times a week. I don't know which 1-2 days a week I'll be better in any given week and cannot predict this at all. I would need a home assessment to ensure an assessment is done, as if I'm unable to leave the house I am afraid of cancellation upon cancellation due to poor health and the issue just getting delayed more and more... I've indicated something like this in the box, but am unsure as to whether this is sufficient or whether something more/else is needed for a home assessment, so I was wondering if anyone here knows?

Thanks for reading!

Zoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143264 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home visit?!
Zoe

I would speak to your GP to see whether they will provide a letter saying that you cannot attend and why. If this will take a while then you can send it separately from the PIP2 form, don't delay sending the PIP2 form back it needs to be with the DWP by the required date, once you know where you are going to be assessed (assuming one is required).

You do need to be aware that if an assessment is required at an assessment centre then you will only have two opportunities to attend or you risk your claim being closed, come back to the forum if your GP is unable to provide a letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143268 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Home visit?!
I applied over the phone this morning, having been sent the PIP1 letter, and asked about a home medical, or at least an ATOS venue within a few miles of where I live; and the DWP lady seemed to think that you could include this request on the PIP2 form. Is that the case?
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago #143274 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Home visit?!

penthesili wrote: I applied over the phone this morning, having been sent the PIP1 letter, and asked about a home medical, or at least an ATOS venue within a few miles of where I live; and the DWP lady seemed to think that you could include this request on the PIP2 form. Is that the case?

Hi pts,

Yes, I would include any request for a Home Assessment in writing with your PIP 2 Form, giving reasons.

You could attach this separate written request with a letter from your G.P. (if you can get one) to your PIP 2 Form.

bro58

More
8 years 6 months ago #143290 by Jane
Replied by Jane on topic Home visit?!
If it's Capita i think they always do home visits. Mine was even though i didnt ask for it. Hope you get one

More
8 years 6 months ago #143355 by Zoe
Replied by Zoe on topic Home visit?!
Thanks for reading and replying!! Oh wow... Two chances and that's it?! I would never know if I'd be well enough to attend on any given day; I mean two chances would just not be enough... Will go to GP to ask for that letter you mentioned to request a home visit, as at least that way they can come to me no matter how badly I may be doing...

Do you think I should indicate on the PIP2 forms that my GP will send a letter re home visits or just send it when I get it from him?

Thanks again!

Zoe

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.