× Members

Home visit?!

More
8 years 6 months ago #143817 by Zoe
Replied by Zoe on topic Home visit?!
Thanks very much Foss27! That explains it perfectly re the recording...!!

I called the DWP today to check they'd received my forms and was told ATOS is handling my PIP application, even though this is a capita area... The man I spoke to said they may have enough evidence on the system not to need a face to face assessment, but that if they do he doesn't think I can have a home assessment regardless of doctor's letter as ATOS only offer home assessments as 'exceptions'. I'm feeling a bit disheartened by that to be honest and unsure how to proceed...

Zoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143831 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home visit?!

Zoe wrote: Thanks very much Foss27! That explains it perfectly re the recording...!!

I called the DWP today to check they'd received my forms and was told ATOS is handling my PIP application, even though this is a capita area... The man I spoke to said they may have enough evidence on the system not to need a face to face assessment, but that if they do he doesn't think I can have a home assessment regardless of doctor's letter as ATOS only offer home assessments as 'exceptions'. I'm feeling a bit disheartened by that to be honest and unsure how to proceed...

Zoe

At the moment there is no "how to proceed" you need to wait to see how ATOS proceed with your claim before you can take any further action.

It is ATOS's decision as to whether an assessment is carried out or not, you cannot challenge this decision.

If they decide that an assessment is required then it is likely that they will only allow one at your home if you are able to provide a letter from your GP explaining why you cannot attend at their offices.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143838 by Zoe
Gordon hi and many thanks for the reply and info once again!

I see! Are paper based assessments common re Atos then?! I will wait to see what they say then!

Re the home assessment; my GP has already written a letter stating I cannot attend an assessment at a centre due to the variability in and fluctuations of my conditions that leave me bedbound when they flare. The gentleman I spoke to from the DWP PIP helpline today though said Atos would disregard this, as they only offer home assessments as 'exceptions' and can disregard a doctor's recommendation for a home assessment. That's why the feeling disheartened really, as I can do nothing else than produce a letter from a medical professional who knows me stating I cannot attend at a centre...!

Zoe
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143841 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Home visit?!

Zoe wrote: Gordon hi and many thanks for the reply and info once again!

I see! Are paper based assessments common re Atos then?! I will wait to see what they say then!

Re the home assessment; my GP has already written a letter stating I cannot attend an assessment at a centre due to the variability in and fluctuations of my conditions that leave me bedbound when they flare. The gentleman I spoke to from the DWP PIP helpline today though said Atos would disregard this, as they only offer home assessments as 'exceptions' and can disregard a doctor's recommendation for a home assessment. That's why the feeling disheartened really, as I can do nothing else than produce a letter from a medical professional who knows me stating I cannot attend at a centre...!

Zoe

Hi Z,

At this time, we have not seen a large amount of paper based assessment for PIP even though extra guidance was given to The PIP Assessment Providers of where paper based assessments may be appropriate.

As seen in the latest version of : The PIP Assessment Guide which was updated on 28th July 2015.

Only ATOS can decide whether or not you have provided enough evidence for a paper based assessment or not.

With regards to ATOS not providing a Home Assessment, if they don't and ignore your G.P. letter, you may find : This Post informative.

bro58

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143852 by Zoe
hi bro58 and thanks for the reply and info.

So from what I understand of Atos refuse to take the GP's letter into account re the home assessment and offer a centre assessment instead, I can then write to them to 'remind' them of 'reasonable adjustments'! Hopefully it won't come to that, but ok it's good to know there's something one can do if it does...

Why can't this process be more straightforward and/or a bit less like a battle for folk!!

Zoe

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago #143858 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Home visit?!

Zoe wrote: hi bro58 and thanks for the reply and info.

So from what I understand of Atos refuse to take the GP's letter into account re the home assessment and offer a centre assessment instead, I can then write to them to 'remind' them of 'reasonable adjustments'! Hopefully it won't come to that, but ok it's good to know there's something one can do if it does...

Why can't this process be more straightforward and/or a bit less like a battle for folk!!

Zoe

Hi Z,

Yes, if it becomes necessary, you could cite "Reasonable Adjustments" under The Equality Act 2010, if you feel that they are applicable to you.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.