× Members

Home visit?!

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #143361 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Home visit?!
It probably wouldn't hurt to say on the form that you have asked your GP to write a letter supporting a home visit and you will send it in as soon as you get it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143404 by Zoe
Replied by Zoe on topic Home visit?!
Thank you foss27!

I finally sent the forms today and indicated the gp will write a letter re home visit and I will forward it as soon as possible. I've booked an appointment with the gp, so hopefully that will all be ok...

I wonder if capita or atos (not sure who covers what in my area) do a home assessment, then am I still allowed to record the assessment? Is there any point in recording the assessment, or is that not recommended....? So many unknowns still re this application...

Zoe

More
8 years 6 months ago #143407 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home visit?!
Zoe

You can make a covert recording for your own use, however, if the assessor realises that you are doing this then they may terminate the appointment and you may well be classed as failing to participate, so if you do it make sure that it is not noticed.

You can only make an overt recording with the prior agreement of the assessor and the Assessment Provider and you will need to meet their requirements for a dual recording system, this can be as simple as two cassette recorders. You cannot make one recording and then copy it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zoe

More
8 years 6 months ago #143411 by Zoe
Gordon many thanks for your valuable reply and the information; it helps more than I can possibly explain to get some answers on this stuff and figure out how to navigate the process a little bit better...

I had no idea there was a dual recording system requirement in place; not even sure what that is to be honest but sounds complicated and expensive! I wonder do people record assessments with the aim of appeals/tribunals/correcting outright lies in the report by the assessor in the off chance that happens or as a record of what was said more for their personal records? that must sound like a strange question, it's just from the stories I've read and the things we hear I'm quite worried about the assessment itself, how putting on a brave face may be perceived as wellness but also how words can be twisted and that's why I was thinking about the recording, but not sure it could/should be used like that...?

Zoe

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #143418 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Home visit?!
The dual recording is like a police interview where one copy is for you and the other copy is for them.

I think most people see a recording as serving a dual purpose. It does protect you from any misunderstandings over what was said and the HCA doing the assessment will be aware you can produce it to disprove anything they put in the report which contradicts what they said at the assessment but it also serves as your record so you don't need to try to remember everything or take notes.
The recording can be used to prove the assessor said one thing and put another in the report. You don't need to try to put on a brave face or anything like that. You should try to behave normally although it is difficult not to be nervous.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by foss27.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143692 by Zoe
Foss27, aaaaaaah! That sounds very interesting indeed. Do you know if recording is allowed even for home assessments? It sounds like a good way to have a proper record of what took place and what was said indeed...

I received a letter from my GP today confirming that because of the variable nature of my conditions that do leave me bed bound when flaring, he thinks a home assessment should be offered. He does go into some detail about the 90 minute journey and the fact that I wouldn't be allowed to reschedule assessments more than once which is difficult because of the variability of the conditions etc... Confirmed the basics as well, conditions, the fact that I'm a patient etc. Is that all that's needed for a GP support letter or is there something else that's needed as well?

Zoe

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.