× Members

Pip prosethis aid advice

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156354 by John
Replied by John on topic Pip prosethis aid advice
Gordon and Bro58

Received PA4 form today :) Requested it on the 7th April a few days after the medical. Do not have decision makers letter yet I assume this could take quite some time but I thought if I requested the PA4 I could prepare and get further evidence to send to the decision maker if it looked like it would be necessary.

Anyway on comparing with the points system in the guide and sample PA4 we have been awarded:

Care component 43 points

Mobility component 16 points

The assessor (nurse) has ticked no requirement to arrange a review of this claim as significant change in unlikely and also in the note section has wrote no review would be necessary :)

I am delighted, I know the decision maker could change/overule things but I can't see it.

Would I be wrong to assume the award length should be for life or 10 years based on the health professionals advice?

Just want to thank you both, while I have a good understanding of legal terms involving disability and havie a good idea how the government/dwp operate I can honestly say I would have approached the pip form in the way you applied for DLA and of course I would have been wrong to do so.

Without the guides/help available here I would not have worded things in certain ways.

Let's just hope the decision maker rubberstamps the report :lol:

Thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156357 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip prosethis aid advice
John

I'm a great believer in waiting for the paperwork, so a tentative congratulations. I would think that 10 years or on-going would be likely but the DWP are ever hopeful of recovery :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #156377 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip prosethis aid advice
That sounds 'cautiously optimistic' :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #157067 by John
Replied by John on topic Pip prosethis aid advice
Paperwork received today B) decision maker has stated 41 points care and 16 mobility, strangely lost 2 points that Atos had awarded from the care component with no reasoning.

Decision maker has put both awards for an ongoing period and then they state "will contact you in 2026 to make sure receiving the correct amount". Then in the reasoning section they have wrote "as the condition is unlikely to change, I have selected the maximum possible review period".

I am assuming this is the same as a lifetime award.

In the letter it explains DLA will end on 10/05 and pip will begin, our DLA next payment is due on the 26/04 and pip to begin from 11/05, there is no mention of a DLA payment from the 27/04 to 10/05 but I assume they will just pay the DLA for they 2 weeks?

Do the pip section and the ESA section share information? just curious as support group ESA award was given for 3 years and due to be reviewed in September this year. However I had reason to call the ESA call centre a few days ago and I asked when it was due to be reviewed, the call centre agent checked and said strange there is no date of review and it states ongoing award of ESA. If correct that would be great as have been expecting review paperwork to drop through the door.

Just want to say thanks again for the guides and the help. Even reading through other peoples posts has been useful. Best £20 I have ever spent. The award given has been increased from high care, low mobility in DLA to enhanced rates of both components under PIP, which I guess is a rare occurrence.

More
8 years 1 week ago #157080 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip prosethis aid advice
John

Congratulations on the award.

A PIP report can be used in support of an ESA award, but I think it is unlikely that this has happened with your ESA claim at this time, they will not have looked at it until it becomes due for re-assessment, my best guess is that you will get a new ESA50 around July.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: John

More
8 years 1 week ago #157095 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip prosethis aid advice
Great news John! Thanks for taking the time to let us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: John

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.