× Members

Pip prosethis aid advice

More
8 years 3 months ago #148501 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip prosethis aid advice
John

Question 9 is claimants who are deaf and/or mute and question 10 is for those with sight issues, have a look at the PIP Assessment guide, this is the document issued to assessors as guidance on how they should assess claimants, there's a copy in the PIP section.

As to an extension, ask! The worst that they can do is turn you down.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148792 by bisley
Replied by bisley on topic Pip prosethis aid advice
Hi John
I have a congenital absence of my lower arm and sustained Repetitive Strain Injury because of it. I also have mental health issues.
Many years ago, I joined the limbless association but found that it catered for the majority of amputees who are without lower limbs and so cancelled my subscription.
About a month ago I looked at their website and see that they have a factsheet and a benefits adviser who gives advice.
I have not yet been invited to transfer from DLA to PIP and so am interested in how you get on.
Best Wishes

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago #148806 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Pip prosethis aid advice

bisley wrote: Hi John
I have a congenital absence of my lower arm and sustained Repetitive Strain Injury because of it. I also have mental health issues.
Many years ago, I joined the limbless association but found that it catered for the majority of amputees who are without lower limbs and so cancelled my subscription.
About a month ago I looked at their website and see that they have a factsheet and a benefits adviser who gives advice.
I have not yet been invited to transfer from DLA to PIP and so am interested in how you get on.
Best Wishes

Hi b,

I am not sure if : THIS is the Webpage that you are speaking of, but there it is anyway ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 3 months ago #148891 by John
Replied by John on topic Pip prosethis aid advice
Hi bisley, form has been sent off, will keep you updated to how it turns out. I had a look at the limbless website but the forum appears to be down. Couldn't really find anything on the net regarding hand/arm prosethis was more about lower limbs as you say.

Our situation is congenital absence of one hand and repeated operations on the other, bone grafts etc. Has about 20% dexterity in that hand. Problem is do they class an artificial hand as an aid? I cant see how they can as they are really more for cosmetic purposes rather than functioning way a hand does.

I know the guide mentions prosthesis as an aid but just have this feeling it relates more to lower limbs, that said who knows what way the dwp will see it, only time will tell.

Thanks

More
8 years 3 months ago #148924 by John
Replied by John on topic Pip prosethis aid advice
Sure I typed a reply to bisley last night, not sure why it hasn't uploaded

More
8 years 3 months ago #148928 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip prosethis aid advice

John wrote: Sure I typed a reply to bisley last night, not sure why it hasn't uploaded

All posts are moderated before appearing in the forum, Moderators are normally only available Monday to Friday, 2pm-3.30pm and 8pm to 9.30pm.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: John

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.