× Members

PIP assesment -transport and emergency worries.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155825 by Gordon

sparkles5 wrote: One other quick question,I usually get my PIP payments on a thursday. My last full amount was paid on 10/3/16. Decision that I was no longer entitled to PIP was made on the 17/3/16.
Today (On the day I usually get paid my pip) I received one weeks worth (£55.10) of PIP. Is this right? I thought I got one final payment of the £220.40 I normally get or nothing at all?

PIP is paid four weekly in arrears so the payment on 10/3 would have been for the four weeks ending on 10/3 the Decision was made one week later, there is no run on for PIP so the payment of weeks PIP would appear to be correct.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155826 by Gordon

sparkles5 wrote: Just rung PIP for an update.
Mandatory reconsideration came to the same decision that I wasn't entitled to PIP. Unsure of what points I got but I think they probably didn't even bother reading the letter.
[removed]. Even though I knew this was going to be the outcome.
No idea how I am going to cope at a court. No idea really how it all works, even with an advocate from MIND who is brilliant, what if I am ill on the day, what if I have a break down or what if there is an emergency. Why does it have to come to this to prove how ill I am.
Cannot see the point.

AS you already have an advisor, you should discuss this with them first.

The revision rate at MR is quite low, our experience on the forum is that it is significantly lower than DWP statistics suggest.

Conversely the success rate at appeal is quite high. The major issue at MR is the reliance placed on the assessment report by the DWP, the appeal panel usually place less weight on it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161842 by helsbelsx
Replied by helsbelsx on topic PIP assesment -transport and emergency worries.
Sorry to not update - as expected mr was turned down and I received the same amount of points as initially.

I am off to tribunal today.

Any advice? Have read through all the guides but any advice from any one that has been there personally?

Thanks in advance.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161860 by Gordon

sparkles5 wrote: Sorry to not update - as expected mr was turned down and I received the same amount of points as initially.

I am off to tribunal today.

Any advice? Have read through all the guides but any advice from any one that has been there personally?

Thanks in advance.

I'm guessing that we have missed you, hope it went OK.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: helsbelsx

More
7 years 10 months ago #161901 by helsbelsx
Replied by helsbelsx on topic PIP assesment -transport and emergency worries.
Thanks Gordon, i really struggled and the mind representative that came with me said it was the worst one she has ever been too. We both felt they were trying to catch me out, asking the same question multiple times in a different way hoping to get different answers each time. I broke down at the end i felt so humiliated by the questions they were asking.

Anyway, i answered honestly and accurately, there is no more I can do - but they weren't much better than the original hp in their attitude towards me. I felt I had murdered someone the way they were questioning me - a totally different experience to those I have read about on here. The mind representative that came with me said that I had just been unlucky, i don't want to put off anyone else from appealing.

They said they would post out a decision. Is that hopeful or not? Is is more likely to be unsuccessful if its a posted out decision rather than finding out on the day? The people before us got called back into the court room for their decision I presume as we waited...

can anyone shed any light? Thanks

More
7 years 10 months ago #161912 by Gordon
Sparkle

Well done for making it through the hearing.

The fact that the Decision is being posted has nothing to do with the result, it just means that they were busy today and did not have time to do the administration required before the next hearing. It may be a few days before you actually receive the letter, even if they said it would be quick.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.