× Members

PIP assesment -transport and emergency worries.

• helsbelsx
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
7 years 9 months ago #162168 by helsbelsx
Replied by helsbelsx on topic PIP assesment -transport and emergency worries.
Found out yesterday I lost the appeal.

I was asked lots of questions about my sons dla, what rate he gets and how long for, whether he goes to a special needs school... Also about what car I drove, what make, model, who MOT'd it. When I said it was new they asked if it was a mobility car, I said no, I was asked when I brought it. I was asked what mileage I did. What speed I walked (although i never claimed to have any issues with walking?)

They didn't go into much detail about stuff i said i struggled with. It just seemed to be bits they had picked out. I was also asked leading questions by one member of the panel which wasn't massively impressive.

It just seemed a lot of it was prying into my life, they didnt listen to anything I said, they didn't acknowledge anything I said. They seemed to have made up their minds before i had walked into the room and had there lists of questions and reeled them off one by one. I don't think the lady from MIND was surprised with the result - shes been to quite a few appeals and she said generally they are really kind and unbiased but she said this one was totally different and they were just in attack mode and were treating me like a criminal ratherr than remaining unbiased like they are supposed to.

I don't want to put anyone off but even with the support of MIND who are brilliant, it is not an easy experience if u dont get a nice panel. Even though mind should of been allowed to speak on my behalf as my representative they wouldn't let her when i was getting stuck telling her she would get a chance at the end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162175 by slugsta
I'm sorry that the appeal was such a terrible experience for you and that, after all that, it did not go in your favour.

I'm afraid this is pretty much the end of the line regarding this claim. You are entitled to ask the Tribunal Service for a Statement of Reasons but this can take months to arrive. If you can then find an Error in Law you could seek leave to go to the Upper Tier Tribunal. However, this is rare and the whole process takes a long time.

Tribunals – Requesting a Statement of Reasons

What is an Error of Law?

There is nothing to stop you from putting in a new claim straight away, if you feel you could face it all again.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.