× Members

What actually counts as an aid?

More
8 years 1 month ago #155812 by Joby
Replied by Joby on topic What actually counts as an aid?
Oh gosh if you appeal do you have to attend a hearing...I'd never cope with that! Good luck I hope you are successful

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155829 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What actually counts as an aid?

Joby wrote: Oh gosh if you appeal do you have to attend a hearing...I'd never cope with that! Good luck I hope you are successful

Claimants can ask for a Paper Hearing that they do not have to attend but the success rate is a lot lower than an Oral Hearing where they do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #156170 by chrisw
Replied by chrisw on topic What actually counts as an aid? Pip appeal
Had the hearing yesterday.When I got out I felt totally drained.
I appreciate each of the panel have a job to do but the judge was brutal.Kept interrupting me the doctor and disability person and changing the questions the other two were asking.They appeared to be getting annoyed about the question changing. The doctor and judge even had a bit if a spat as the judge said meningiomas are not tumours.
I really feel that I will be turned down as I was so anxious and got so confused.

I am waiting for the result by post and will let you know the result
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
8 years 1 month ago #156278 by chrisw
Received the decision in the post this morning.
It is a fail.I got 4 points for mobility.Originally I had 0
Although I already felt I failed it's still hard to see on paper.
I am still feeling the anxiety from the appeal day.But I know now and must try to move on.
My biggest worry is that my ESA will be affected.I am awaiting a response after sending in the form.I am currently in the Support Group.

Thank you all so much for all the support and information available.I feel it helped me make the best case I could :)

More
8 years 1 month ago #156288 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What actually counts as an aid? Pip appeal

kibbysmum wrote: Received the decision in the post this morning.
It is a fail.I got 4 points for mobility.Originally I had 0
Although I already felt I failed it's still hard to see on paper.
I am still feeling the anxiety from the appeal day.But I know now and must try to move on.
My biggest worry is that my ESA will be affected.I am awaiting a response after sending in the form.I am currently in the Support Group.

Thank you all so much for all the support and information available.I feel it helped me make the best case I could :)

I'm sorry to hear that your Appeal was unsuccessful, we have not heard of a single case, on this forum and others, where an unsuccessful claim for PIP has had an impact on an ESA claim, to be honest, if the DWP were going to do something it would have been after the original Decision and not your appeal. Don't worry about it.

You can make a new claim for PIP immediately, there is no waiting period although you will need to give some thought as to how you will address the issues that caused this failure.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrisw

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #156855 by chrisw
Can I request a copy of the appeal report? I have the decision letter but just wondered if a copy of why they reached the decision might help if I ever claim again.
Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris