× Members

What actually counts as an aid?

More
8 years 2 months ago #150343 by chrisw
Replied by chrisw on topic What actually counts as an aid?
Thank you foss27 :)

Although I didn`t know at the time I seem to have suffered with anxiety even as a child.Then I would just say I didn`t feel well and rarely managed a whole week at school.Things that other kids looked forward to scared me.Like day trips,holidays sports days etc.So it was another day off :( If no one was available to walk with me I wouldn`t go to school as I just didn`t feel i could go on my own even as a teenager. Is it worth putting this in history? Or is it not relevant?
Likewise I needed someone with me to get my (know adult) children to school and medical appointments.Or I got someone else to take them.Again is this relevant to history?

Started the process of the appeal today and just writing this has made me anxious :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150819 by chrisw
I have written in draft my reasons for appealing and descriptors I believe were wrong and why.
My handwriting is quite bad and my son says some of it is unreadable.
I usually type everything as I can enlarge text to do this then correct it to an acceptable size before printing.
Are type written pages accepted or must it be hand written?

Thank you :)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

8 years 2 months ago #150824 by
Replied by on topic What actually counts as an aid?

kibbysmum wrote: I have written in draft my reasons for appealing and descriptors I believe were wrong and why.
My handwriting is quite bad and my son says some of it is unreadable.
I usually type everything as I can enlarge text to do this then correct it to an acceptable size before printing.
Are type written pages accepted or must it be hand written?

Thank you :)

Hi km,

As you can see, I have merged your PIP related topic of tonight with your other PIP related topic.

Please keep all future PIP related queries to this topic.

I have just advised another member regarding the same issue : Here and it seems that I am spending an awful lot of time "nagging" regarding this issue recently :silly: :sick:

Now to your query,

Yes, you can type up your submissions on separate A4 sheets !

You should head each separate sheet with your Name, DOB, Date and NI Number and number each separate A4 1 of x, 2 of x, 3 of x, 4 of x, etc, etc, etc.

You could then type up an Index to each separate page and cross-reference to make it as easy as possible to see what points you are challenging and why !

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

Cheers ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #150827 by chrisw
Thank you bro58 :)
Great suggestions about indexing and cross referencing.I was struggling a little with that :side:

So relieved it is ok to type the submission

Have bookmarked as you said so I can keep things together. Sorry about that :)

Thanks again :)

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150830 by
Replied by on topic What actually counts as an aid?

kibbysmum wrote: Thank you bro58 :)
Great suggestions about indexing and cross referencing.I was struggling a little with that :side:

So relieved it is ok to type the submission

Have bookmarked as you said so I can keep things together. Sorry about that :)

Thanks again :)

No problem km !! :)

Besides putting an "Index to Contents" at the front of your Submission, and numbering the pages, etc, so you can refer to them and cross-reference, you could also type your submission on the A4 pages in double spaced paragraphs so it is "easy on the eye" !

You could then number the paragraphs in ascending order on each page and embolden any important "bits"

It would then be easier to refer to any particular extract/paragraph of your submission, e.g. "See Paragraph xx on Page xx of xx !!

Or to narrow it down even further you could type, "See Line xx of Para xx on Page xx of xx of my Bundle" !

When I am compiling a Bundle, I number every page of the Bundle in sequence as above, including any copies of documents, you can also number or highlight /asterix any important paragraphs on the documents to make them easier to refer to.

Remember, some Highlighter Pens do not come out well when the page is photocopied, I tend to underline any extracts that I want to highlight !

Think of it as a file that you are compiling with an Index to the file at the front !

The clearer and easier that you make it for The Tribunal to see how and why you qualify, the more chance of success !!

Thanks for your co-operation as well !! :)

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150919 by chrisw
I have completed my appeal and it is ready for posting tomorrow recorded delivery/signed for.

Will I receive confirmation via post that it has been received?
I am a bit worried about that as I am in the process of moving home.Things got a little delayed so it could be any time in the next week or so.
I am having my mail redirected once I get an exact date but it can take up to 5 days before it kicks in.

Once I eventually get to the appeal,and hopefully win,how far is it backdated?

Thank you once more for all the help here
:)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.