× Members

PIP2

More
8 years 2 months ago #152899 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic PIP2
Thanks a lot Bro, will let you know when I do.

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153619 by Bill
Hello Mods and everyone,

Sorry to say I have another question please.

Got my PA4 after just a few days following Assessment, no problems. That was now a couple of weeks ago yet this morning I have a letter saying that they have all the info they need, sorry its taken longer than expected, and they will contact me when a decision has been made.

This has thrown me a bit, anyone else had this, or is it some kind of 'problem' with my claim do you think?

Thanks in anticipation.

Bill
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

8 years 2 months ago #153630 by
Replied by on topic PIP2

Bill wrote: Hello Mods and everyone,

Sorry to say I have another question please.

Got my PA4 after just a few days following Assessment, no problems. That was now a couple of weeks ago yet this morning I have a letter saying that they have all the info they need, sorry its taken longer than expected, and they will contact me when a decision has been made.

This has thrown me a bit, anyone else had this, or is it some kind of 'problem' with my claim do you think?

Thanks in anticipation.

Bill

Hi B,

See : This Topic

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154833 by Bill
Hi Mods (and all)

Well finally got the letter and I am both pleased and bemused.

Firstly, I have been awarded Enhanced on both so I am obviously happy with that. However, what I still cant understand is the length of award.

I was on DLA Indefinite, albeit only for the most recent few years, but as of today I am 64 years of age and my condition, Rheumatoid Arthritis, is clearly degenerating. The HP has said he thinks that I will still have my conditions when I am next reviewed, yet they have given me only 3 years, does this make any sense?

I am not complaining, really I am not, but the thought of having to go over all this again in such a short time is already feeling quite disconcerting.

I suspect you would not advise me to ask for a MR of the timescale would you Mods?

Thanks for all your help.
Bill
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154842 by
Replied by on topic PIP2

Bill wrote: Hi Mods (and all)

Firstly, I have been awarded Enhanced on both so I am obviously happy with that. However, what I still cant understand is the length of award.

I was on DLA Indefinite, albeit only for the most recent few years, but as of today I am 64 years of age and my condition, Rheumatoid Arthritis, is clearly degenerating. The HP has said he thinks that I will still have my conditions when I am next reviewed, yet they have given me only 3 years, does this make any sense?

I am not complaining, really I am not, but the thought of having to go over all this again in such a short time is already feeling quite disconcerting.

I suspect you would not advise me to ask for a MR of the timescale would you Mods?

Bill

Hi B,

Great News, at last !!!! :cheer: :cheer:

"Ongoing" (Indefinite) PIP Awards are "as rare as hens teeth" currently, even where it is obvious that the claimant's medical conditions are chronic and/or progressive !

As you may already know, as things stand PIP awards are being reviewed 12 months before the end date of a fixed term award.

It is of course up to you, you could challenge the length of the awards alone, but DWP could then look at the whole awards afresh which could result in your current Enhanced awards staying the same, being reduced or taken away altogether.

Good news anyway, and thanks for letting us know ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

More
8 years 1 month ago #154845 by dribble
Replied by dribble on topic PIP2
Hi Bill, I was of the understanding that 3 years was the maximum they generally awarded.

Madness really especially for conditions that are progressive.

Good news for you but not good news that you have to go through it all again. How much this is all costing the Government makes the mind boggle.

I know the goal posts change and that is probably the reason why we all have to go through it again. Nevertheless stressful.

B) M

Bill wrote: Hi Mods (and all)

Bill

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris