× Members

Got the Date for PIP Medical and am Terrified

• Wendy
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #143749 by Wendy
Hi all,

I am returning to the forums after a while as I have just received the dreaded PIP form. I guess I am lucky to have avoided it for so long.

I was previously on DLA middle rate care and higher rate mobility for an indefinite period.

A few years ago I applied for ESA and was put into the support group without having to appeal or attend a medical.

My question is, as my condition has not changed very much, but it has got slightly worse, can I just use the answers on my ESA application for my PIP application.

I have got out all my hospital reports and consultants letters for copying and also a copy of an mri that I had done. I have asked for a telephone appointment to speak to my GP to ask her about a GP Factual Report.

My only worries is that the hospital records etc are all rather old, ranging from 2009 to 2013. Will these be acceptable?

I'm sure I will find more questions to ask as I look through the paperwork and your advice.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143760 by Gordon
Wendy

ESA and PIP are separate benefits, even where there are areas of overlap between the two the criteria are different so I would be very surprised if you could use your answers to your last ESA claim for this PIP one.

Have a look at the PIP Claim for more details of the activities that you will be assessed against.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

It should be possible to use your previous evidence, but you will need to show that it is reasonable that your condition remains unchanged or has deteriorated.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy

• Wendy
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #143872 by Wendy
Is it possible to ask for an extension of time?

I have got myself into such a state trying to fill out the form and it has to be back next week.

My husband has a telephone apt with my doctor on Thursday and I see my consultant next week.

Every time I try and write something I end up in a mess, I keep getting panic attacks thinking about the deadline.

My writing is eligible due to arthritis so my husband is writing it for me, I so wish they would allow for it to be typed and stuck in. I have dictating software which is so much easier.

I know we are all the same and this has to be done, I guess they don't want to make it easy.

Thank you.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143882 by Gordon

Wendy wrote: Is it possible to ask for an extension of time?

I have got myself into such a state trying to fill out the form and it has to be back next week.

My husband has a telephone apt with my doctor on Thursday and I see my consultant next week.

Every time I try and write something I end up in a mess, I keep getting panic attacks thinking about the deadline.

My writing is eligible due to arthritis so my husband is writing it for me, I so wish they would allow for it to be typed and stuck in. I have dictating software which is so much easier.

I know we are all the same and this has to be done, I guess they don't want to make it easy.

Thank you.

Contact the DWP office dealing with your claim, they can extend the return date by two weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 6 months ago #143887 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Got the Date for PIP Medical and am Terrified
You can type your answers and submit them as supplementary sheets if you have difficulty writing. If you do this you must make it clear where your answer is to each question - write in the box 'see page 31' and put 'answer to Q5' on the sheet. You should ensure that your name, BOB and NI number is at the top of every loose page and they should be numbered '10 of 21' etc.

• Wendy
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #143899 by Wendy
Thank you so much, my husband called this morning and I have got an extension for two weeks. He was told that I would get a warning letter that I hadn't sent in my form but there is an extension on my file.

He also asked about typing and was told that it could be typed on the form itself but not on additional sheets unless it is further information. My husband is allowed to fil it in for me and all I need to do is sign it.

I'm sure there will be lots more questions but in the meantime I just wanted to thank you for now.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.