× Members

Got the Date for PIP Medical and am Terrified

• Wendy
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #153652 by Wendy
Just out of curiosity, my husband answered the questions on your trial pip test using the answers supplied on the PA4.

According to that I have qualified for higher rate care and higher rate mobility. She has said that it should be reviewed in 3 years. In the interview she said she would put on the form that I should have a home visit. She didn't :(

I know that I can't go by for form on here, but I was just wondering whether the case worker assigned my case goes by that form or if they make their own decision based on the evidence before them and if they can change the length of the review.

As you can probably tell I am a mess, I can't seem to sleep thinking about it and when I do I have terrible dreams.

I don't really know what I am looking for as I know it's a case of how long is a piece of string really.

Thank you for listening to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #153719 by Gordon
Wendy

The Decision Maker or Claim Manager will make their own Decision based on all the evidence available to them, your PIP2 and anything attached, the assessment report and any information sought from your medical professionals.

In most cases they follow the recommendation made by the assessor, but are entitled to makr higher or lower as they feel justified and the law allows.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy

• Wendy
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #153753 by Wendy
Thank you Gordon, I really appreciate your help and advice together with others that have responded to me.

I've hat a particularly bad weekend worrying about everything. Oh to not have depression and be in pain 25/7 :(

My husband says I need to put all this behind me and stop worrying, he says there is noting I can do now, I just have to wait. I don't do waiting very well, but I guess he's right but it's going to be a heck of a long 4 - 6 weeks.

I'm sorry I know I shouldn't be talking about my feelings here, it's just nice to be able to write it down and for someone to answer me.

Thank you again.

• Wendy
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #154633 by Wendy
I wanted to start a new thread but wasn't sure if I was able to or not, so I've just carried on with this one.

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone here at Benefits and Work, you have a fantastic site here and your advice and support is second to none.

I received the dreaded envelope this morning, I opened it to see that I have been awarded Enhanced Rate Care and Enhanced Rate Mobility until February 2020. I am so relieved, I've only now just stopped crying with relief. Thankfully I haven't had to wait too long for the letter after my assessment. I don't think it would have been possible without the advice I have received here.

Thank you all again so much.xx

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #154641 by bro58

Wendy wrote: I wanted to start a new thread but wasn't sure if I was able to or not, so I've just carried on with this one.

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone here at Benefits and Work, you have a fantastic site here and your advice and support is second to none.

I received the dreaded envelope this morning, I opened it to see that I have been awarded Enhanced Rate Care and Enhanced Rate Mobility until February 2020. I am so relieved, I've only now just stopped crying with relief. Thankfully I haven't had to wait too long for the letter after my assessment. I don't think it would have been possible without the advice I have received here.

Thank you all again so much.xx

Hi W,

No, you were right in continuing with this PIP topic !

Many congratulations on your Enhanced PIP Awards for both until 2020 !!! :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks for letting us all know and for your very kind words !! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.