× Members

TIMESCALE FOR DECISION ON A ESA REASSESSMENT FORM

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149232 by D Peplow
Hi

I have just received my ESA Reassessment and only been in the support group for 10 months is this right please.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149277 by slugsta
Hi misslincs and welcome to the forum. This link should help you find your way around the site.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The fact is that ESA is an open ended award that can be reassessed at any time once 3 months have elapsed since the decision. Nevertheless, 10 months is rather sooner than usual! Was your ESA awarded directly on application or did it go to reconsideration/appeal?

Please make full use of our ESA guide when filling in the form and reply to this message if/when you have further questions. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

ESA claims and appeals

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #149337 by D Peplow
Hi

Thank you for your reply, DWP advised me that I was put in the Support Group for 1 year and I have R Arthritis which will not get any better and have to be assessed again :(

More
8 years 3 months ago #149367 by jen
Unfortunately I've just received the dreaded ESA50 form today and was only awarded support group status last April following a harrowing WCA.

I am beside myself with rage because I'm also awaiting the dreaded main PIP form as well. It never rains but it pours so now have BOTH ESA and PIP claims to deal with at the same time which I'm really upset about.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149378 by Gordon

misslincs48 wrote: Hi

Thank you for your reply, DWP advised me that I was put in the Support Group for 1 year and I have R Arthritis which will not get any better and have to be assessed again :(

I'm afraid that's how the system works, the DWP are ever optimistic that those with incurable conditions will improve from one assessment to the next.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #149379 by Gordon

jen wrote: Unfortunately I've just received the dreaded ESA50 form today and was only awarded support group status last April following a harrowing WCA.

I am beside myself with rage because I'm also awaiting the dreaded main PIP form as well. It never rains but it pours so now have BOTH ESA and PIP claims to deal with at the same time which I'm really upset about.

There have been some changes to the ESA guidance over the last year, so make sure you use the latest guides.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: jen

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris