× Members

Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #154116 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Annual review letter

Orangeblossom wrote: I got a letter yesterday; not sure if just a standard letter as waiting for re-assessment I think is due. Something about an annual review and that the amount is staying the same? Is this a standard letter do you know? Or instead of the re-assessment? Thanks

Hi Ob,

It could just be your annual entitlement letter, members have been receiving these !

If you are unsure, you should ring PIP to check :

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #154260 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Annual review letter
I got the PIP form today. Yesterday, I had a diagnosis of Shingles, (so I'm relieved I've already done the forms already)

Do you think I should include the recent Shingles diagnosis as well, or not? I don't want to run the risk of my problems being put down to something that will go in a few weeks. So unsure whether to mention it or not. I don't think it's contagious. Many thanks in advance for your help.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #154291 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Annual review letter

Orangeblossom wrote: I got the PIP form today. Yesterday, I had a diagnosis of Shingles, (so I'm relieved I've already done the forms already)

Do you think I should include the recent Shingles diagnosis as well, or not? I don't want to run the risk of my problems being put down to something that will go in a few weeks. So unsure whether to mention it or not. I don't think it's contagious. Many thanks in advance for your help.

It won't be considered in regard your PIP claim as only problems that have existed for three months and would reasonably be expected to affect you for a further nine months can be considered.

In terms of being assessed, it's a bit of a Catch 22, if you do tell them then it is possible that the Shingles will be blamed for problems you have with the activities, if you don't tell them, then you may (or may not) be assessed as being worse than you actually are.

I would sit down with the PIP Activities and take a honest view of how the shingles is affecting you fro each one and make a decision based on the results.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
8 years 2 months ago #154339 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Annual review letter
Thanks Gordon. I've already printed it all off etc and think it might 'muddy the waters' so going to just leave it as it is. It will probably be gone by the time they assess me anyway, as still got a month to return. My care plan etc also lists my diagnoses etc and nothing about it so don't want to have to go get another copy etc.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154520 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!
I think it's nearly ready now. Just a couple of things I'm unsure about.

"Please give us details of the care professional who knows you or your condition best."- Can i include my husband here as my carer?

I have physical and mental health conditions. Read about how it needs to be MH meds cause the side effects not e.g. painkillers and am a bit confused about this. Since last assessment been prescribed a new pain med. Would this cause problems I wonder. I have said I can't take it much anyway due to side effects.

Many thanks again.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #154525 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

Orangeblossom wrote: I think it's nearly ready now. Just a couple of things I'm unsure about.

"Please give us details of the care professional who knows you or your condition best."- Can i include my husband here as my carer?

I have physical and mental health conditions. Read about how it needs to be MH meds cause the side effects not e.g. painkillers and am a bit confused about this. Since last assessment been prescribed a new pain med. Would this cause problems I wonder. I have said I can't take it much anyway due to side effects.

Many thanks again.

Hi Ob,

Yes, you can include hubby.

With regards to medications side effects, MH meds, etc, just write it as it is, let them pick the "bones out of it" !

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.