× Members

Orangeblossom's PIP Queries Topic !!

More
8 years 3 months ago #147464 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Diaries for PIP

Orangeblossom wrote: Thanks. I suppose I could send in a copy of the report from the SAR request. Do you think that would be a good idea or not?

You can but before doing so you need to consider what negative information this may introduce to a new assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147465 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Diaries for PIP

Orangeblossom wrote: Thanks. I suppose I could send in a copy of the report from the SAR request. Do you think that would be a good idea or not?

Hi Ob,

Basically the "Golden Rule" with DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus, is that if you want them to see any evidence/documents that you wish to be taken into account, send copy of it to them yourself.

Do not rely on them searching for it and referring to it, the odds are that they will not.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147481 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Diaries for PIP
Thanks both of you. I think I may send it as I basically agree the assessor picked up the exact help I need and that hasn't changed. It seems to repeat throughout. She needs support with X. This is evidenced by her functional history and care plan and there is no evidence to suggest otherwise. It says my condition will still be present and I'll need support with further interviews. There isn't any contradictory information. I was really impressed by how thorough she was; it says she spend 300 minutes reading and writing up.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147576 by Orangeblossom
OK I just checked the PIP report again looking for anything that may be negative to the next assessment. I re-read the comments and for most of the descriptors it says "This is consistent with her condition, evidenced by her level of mental health support and supported my her medication"

So, the situation is basically that I've got two conditions, physical and mental. The docs have helped me with a care plan to help manage the two conditions together having quick access to secondary care for each if necessary. I have asked to be discharged from the mental health recovery team to work on this (as the conditions interact). They've said this is OK as I'm getting support with the new care plan.

I am still on the same medication long term and my conditions haven't changed, however I'm concerned about not being under the recovery team anymore. i still think the report is helpful but was thinking of including it and then doing a cover letter or mentioning on the PIP form about why the new care plan had been made, and that I prefer to be supported by my family who are aware of both conditions and we are aiming to manage like this as much as possible in the long term.

Do you think that sounds an OK plan? Many thanks

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #147580 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Diaries for PIP
Hi

Does it say anywhere in the paperwork that the team have left you to manage the care plan with support from your family?
If so maybe you could get the family members involved to write something about how they are supporting you in carrying out the plan.
Is there any follow up plan or is it left to you to ask for upport if you aren't coping or getting the support?
Just thinking it through like this, asking people if they can see where the assessor might look for further evidence or clarification should mean you cover all eventualities and decide if it is best to include or discard this bit of paperwork.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147598 by Orangeblossom
Hi, Yes in the discharge letter from mental health team, they say "You have worked with your doctors and consultants on a care plan and feel secure that you will be listened to and your emergency plan will be used if needed" Your husband is concerned about not having a care coordinator to call if necessary however you can call at any time and be re-allocated a new care co-ordinator" "If you notice the following signs to contact us ASAP or your GP- not eating for lengths of time, staying in bed lengths of time, feeling of being followed" (which are all things me husband needs to help prevent through his prompting / use of new care plan etc. So it does all kind of link in.

With regards to the physical health the consultant has written "Sadly, there is nothing we can do preventatively to stop these episodes from happening. It is obvious her surgeries are causing more problems than they are solving. At present her symptoms are being managed with both diet and medication. She has a well defined care plan including when to come in for emergency help in hospital.

There are in the care plan, two parts for each condition, 1. plan to manage things at home and when and who to contact for emergency help. 2. Emergency plans including a Directive for mental health (which meds to use during a psychotic episode / details of interactions with physical health. Things I don't want e.g. ECT) Emergency plan for physical health, for A & E (details of consultant, pain relief, previous surgical history, details of meds etc)

My GP, if contacted, knows the family well and has been helpful with this plan so hope that would be OK. It also includes details of my husband as my carer / next of kin and details of all my medical history and conditions.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.