× Members

unexpected letter

More
8 years 2 months ago #152082 by spasm
unexpected letter was created by spasm
Dear Benefits and Works Team,
I received an unexpected letter in the post today, with an ESA 5o form attached – Capability for Work Questionnaire.

My last one was done in April 2013, I asked for an ESA 85A Medical Report Form. On the form under the advice section it stated “I advise that the client meets support group criteria as they have severe functional disability.

Prognosis - I advise that work is unlikely in the long term”.
I did not have to go for a medical, all evidence was taken from letters provided by GP, Consultants etc.

Yours spasm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152085 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic unexpected letter

spasm wrote: Dear Benefits and Works Team,
I received an unexpected letter in the post today, with an ESA 5o form attached – Capability for Work Questionnaire.

My last one was done in April 2013, I asked for an ESA 85A Medical Report Form. On the form under the advice section it stated “I advise that the client meets support group criteria as they have severe functional disability.

Prognosis - I advise that work is unlikely in the long term”.
I did not have to go for a medical, all evidence was taken from letters provided by GP, Consultants etc.

Yours spasm

Even though your previous ESA85A indicated that you had "severe functional disability" this does not mean that you will not be re-assessed for ESA50 and that is what is happening.

This is a full re-assessment of your claim so you need to complete the ESA50 in detail and supply evidence to support your claim, even if it has been submitted before.

Please make sure that you refer to the latest guides as there may have been changes to the Descriptors and Regulations since you were last assessed.

If you have questions on the process or the criteria then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152088 by spasm
Replied by spasm on topic unexpected letter
Ok thank you will get stated on it asp if I need help I will get back to the forum.

Spasm

• nana neesie
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152090 by nana neesie
Replied by nana neesie on topic unexpected letter
me to looks like everyones getting them
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152091 by
Replied by on topic unexpected letter

nana neesie wrote: me to looks like everyones getting them

Hi nn,

Yes, reassessments for current ESA recipients restarted in December 2015 !

Theoretically ESA is awarded indefinitely, (open ended)

However, in reality, each ESA awarded comes with a recommended period (The Prognosis) before it is reassessed.

See : How often will I be reviewed

From our : ESA FAQ’s

The ESA decision notice letter that you receive after a decision, does not include the prognosis.

Normally, the longest period between re-assessments is 3 years !

So, it would be normal to have to go through regular periodic re-assessments.

Just to make you aware that : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (aka HAAS) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15 now carry out ESA Assessments/Re-Assessments.

There have not been any changes to ESA Legislation since January 2013, however you should always use our most current Guides.

There have been some changes to The ESA50 itself.

Now that you have The ESA50, you may want to consider :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 2nd & 3rd links down :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus. (aka CHDA, aka HAAS.)

You should treat this re-assessment as if it was your first assessment and not assume that The Assessor will have access to any of your previous evidence. They may not even know that you are currently in The SG, so you should make it clear that you are.

It is therefore important that you reiterate how and why you still qualify for The SG, in that the limitations that you suffer as a result of your medical conditions have not changed nor diminished to such an extent that you no longer qualify for The SG.

Nor have you learned to deal with or adapt to your limitations since your last assessment.

If you are aware how and why you were placed into The SG last time, you could cite that also.

If you want to obtain fresh evidence such as a letter of support from your G.P., obtain it yourself and post it with the ESA50.

Do not rely on Maximus/DWP contacting your G.P. , even if you request that they do so.

They seldom do and are not legally obliged to do so.

If you are going to be posing ESA queries can you start your own ESA topic and keep all your ESA queries to that topic !

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152098 by spasm
Replied by spasm on topic unexpected letter
As I have regular Absences 3-4 a week and I cannot use a manual wheelchair dew to mucle spasms, I have to use a eletric wheel chair at all times would this put me in the support group?

Spasm

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.