× Members

unexpected letter

More
8 years 2 months ago #152104 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic unexpected letter
Might be helpful to put the previous report in, (a copy) ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152115 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic unexpected letter

spasm wrote: As I have regular Absences 3-4 a week and I cannot use a manual wheelchair dew to mucle spasms, I have to use a eletric wheel chair at all times would this put me in the support group?

Spasm

Hi s,

If you cannot walk 50 metres aided or unaided nor can you self propel a manual wheelchair unaided the same distance repeatedly reliably and safely for the majority of the time (i.e. >50% of the time) or on the majority of occasions that you attempt to do so, that should place you into The SG under Activity 1, Descriptor 1. of : The Functional Support Group (SG) (LCWRA) Schedule 3 Activities/Descriptors

"Activity.

1. Mobilising unaided by another person with or without a walking stick, manual wheelchair or other aid if such aid is normally or could reasonably be worn or used.

Descriptor.

1 Cannot either:

(a) mobilise more than 50 metres on level ground without stopping in order to avoid significant discomfort or exhaustion; or

(b) repeatedly mobilise 50 metres within a reasonable timescale because of significant discomfort or exhaustion."

In carrying out an Activity, you should only be classed as being able to do so if you can perform the Activity without suffering sever pain, discomfort, fatigue or breathlessness, if you can't do so without suffering any of those, you should be classed as not being able to carry the Activity out at all and you are perfectly within your rights to answer "No" !!

It is only the distance that you can walk or self propel a manual wheelchair unaided that is counted.

Any distance that you can Mobilise in an electric/power scooter/wheelchair should not be taken into account at all !!

You would of course have to explain how and why your limitations prevent you from carrying out The Mobilising Activity.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152271 by spasm
Replied by spasm on topic unexpected letter
Sorry, but yet another question, this is in regard to “Access to Work” and “PIP” as both could conflict with each other.

“Access to Work” question 2 - standing and sitting.

They do not include using a crutch as from say a wheel chair to a seat only assistance from another person.

“PIP” assessment, using a toilet.

I would have to say I need assistance to be able to use a standard toilet, but at home i have a toilet that has been raised - is on a platform, I also have 3 grab rails around the toilet to pull myself on and off the toilet.

So going back to question 2 of “Access to Work”, am I expected to use an aid, ie. Crutch, to get from one seat to another?

Yours Spasm

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152293 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic unexpected letter

spasm wrote: Sorry, but yet another question, this is in regard to “Access to Work” and “PIP” as both could conflict with each other.

“Access to Work” question 2 - standing and sitting.

They do not include using a crutch as from say a wheel chair to a seat only assistance from another person.

“PIP” assessment, using a toilet.

I would have to say I need assistance to be able to use a standard toilet, but at home i have a toilet that has been raised - is on a platform, I also have 3 grab rails around the toilet to pull myself on and off the toilet.

So going back to question 2 of “Access to Work”, am I expected to use an aid, ie. Crutch, to get from one seat to another?

Yours Spasm

I'm not entirely sure why you are referring to "access to work", I'll assume this is in regard your ESA claim!

The ESA Descriptor is explicit

2. Standing and sitting.
(a) Cannot move between one seated position and another seated position located next to one another without receiving physical assistance from another person. 15 points

You will only score the points if you require assistance from another person.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152308 by spasm
Replied by spasm on topic unexpected letter
Thank you for getting back to me.

It is with the ESA claim, sorry for the confusion.

So just to clarify, if you could use a crutch to transfer from one seated position to another with out the assistance of another person you would score no points?

The fact that you do this using a crutch this would give you zero points

yours thank fully
Spasm

More
8 years 2 months ago #152311 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic unexpected letter

spasm wrote: Thank you for getting back to me.

It is with the ESA claim, sorry for the confusion.

So just to clarify, if you could use a crutch to transfer from one seated position to another with out the assistance of another person you would score no points?

The fact that you do this using a crutch this would give you zero points

yours thank fully
Spasm

I can only repeat what I said in my previous post, the requirement is that you need assistance from another person, if you can achieve the move without this level of help, then you do not meet the criteria for the Descriptor and you won't score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: spasm

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.