× Members

Using an aid or appliance

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #153076 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Using an aid or appliance

Ann1966 wrote: I was just going on the PA4, I received it today, I have added up the assessors points that have been awarded, and they total 12 in both sections, there are however several inaccuracies, the one about using an aid or appliance (although I don't use it as it brings all sound to my hearing ear, and this confuses me) I just thought that even if you did not use an aid the fact that you needed one counted ??
I don't know how much notice of the f2f the DM takes but hopefully I have scored enough to maintain my entitlement.
I telephoned the DWP this pm and there has been no decision made yet and the lady on the end of the phone seemed very surprised that I had a copy of the f2f before having had a decision made?

An aid should be counted where the claimant needs it to complete an activity, but you seem to be able to hear with your good ear, so I do not think that these are points you can count on.

Decision Makers tend to follow the recommendation made by the assessor but you won't know until you receive the Decision Letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ann1966
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #153091 by Ann1966
Replied by Ann1966 on topic Using an aid or appliance
Ok, I see that, just feel that as my life is not spent in a small office containing 3 people with only one speaking at a time so I can hear, leaves this not indicative of everyday life.. but who am I to wonder how decisions are made, the point being in everyday surroundings my hearing is not as good

More
8 years 2 months ago #153092 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Using an aid or appliance

Ann1966 wrote: Ok, I see that, just feel that as my life is not spent in a small office containing 3 people with only one speaking at a time so I can hear, leaves this not indicative of everyday life.. but who am I to wonder how decisions are made, the point being in everyday surroundings my hearing is not as good

I'm not saying that you can't argue the point should you need to, just that this likely to be the position that the DWP will take, so you need to show the reality of your hearing is very different.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ann1966

• Ann1966
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #154025 by Ann1966
Have had a decision today which keeps me on both advanced level of care and mobility until Feb 2020

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #154030 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Using an aid or appliance

Ann1966 wrote: Have had a decision today which keeps me on both advanced level of care and mobility until Feb 2020

Hi A1966,

Great News !!!! :cheer:

Thanks for letting us know ! :)

You should expect to receive your PIP renewal forms 12 months before the end date of this fixed term award.

bro58

• Ann1966
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #154031 by Ann1966
How does it work exactly? My car is due for renewal in November 2017 and with flat you needed a 3 year award to get a vehicle, but my renewal would be due after 2 and a half years?? Just wondering for the future?

Many thanks for your support

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.