× Members

Using an aid or appliance

• Ann1966
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #149570 by Ann1966
Replied by Ann1966 on topic PIP additional information
Hi
Thanks for all your answers, I see I may not gain any points for needing someone in the car with me, although there is a psychological need also, maybe I should have emphasised my fear of being alone during an attack, it is for this reason I have someone with me 24/7
I ticked the box for it varies on the form regarding distance, and then in additional info put it could be up to 50metres, I have a pump fitted which keeps my lungs open 24/7 and walk with a stick, it is only when I come out of hospital that I may achieve 50 metres, do you think it is worth sending more additional information to explain this more clearly??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #149577 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP additional information
Hi
I think you need to think about the safely, reliably, repeatedly part of the ability to carry out the activity.
It sounds to me like you couldn't be considered reliable or safe or repeatedly.
I also concur with Gordon that you could be referred to DVLA as to whether it is safe for you to be driving at all.
If it were me I would drop the distance I could mobilise from 20-50 for the reasons above and get supporting evidence for the safe, reliable, repeatedly.
The need for accompaniment does not fit any of the descriptors for this activity in my opinion.
It is likely to lead to the loss of your licence.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #149578 by foss27
Hi
I think you need to think about the safely, reliably, repeatedly part of the ability to carry out the activity.
It sounds to me like you couldn't be considered reliable or safe or repeatedly.
I also concur with Gordon that you could be referred to DVLA as to whether it is safe for you to be driving at all.
If it were me I would drop the distance I could mobilise from 20-50 for the reasons above and get supporting evidence for the safe, reliable, repeatedly.
The need for accompaniment does not fit any of the descriptors for this activity in my opinion.
It is likely to lead to the loss of your licence.

• Ann1966
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #149598 by Ann1966
Would you do this by sending in additional information before the assessment or wait until the assessment?

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149634 by foss27
Hi
Do it as soon as you can.
Try to get supporting evidence from a health professional such as GP or consultant saying if you could walk more than 20 metres once you would not be able to do it repeatedly, sfely or reliably more than 49% of the time at most.
Do not wait for the assessment.
If need be you could take it to the assessment if it is not available before.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by foss27.

• Ann1966
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151725 by Ann1966
I have my f2f assessment on Thursday, which the thought of is making me a nervous wreck!
My question is... a couple of days ago I found some paperwork that is nearly 3 yrs old, but still considerably newer than the paperwork submitted for my lifetime award of dla, I is a medical assessment prepared by the NHS chief litigation doctor who was opposing me at a time when I took my former employer to court, in it he states that in his opinion I was at the time 70% severely disabled, unlikely to ever work again, and likely to get progressively worse. I sent this by first class recorded post yesterday, but it hasn't got onto the system yet. Do you think that this information is likely to be to old for them to take into consideration??
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.