× Members

Support Group - No Medical

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139950 by Duncan T
Support Group - No Medical was created by Duncan T
HI all
I've been a member for a long time now, always read the news pages and occasionally look in on the forum.
I've just had my letter from DWP asking me to phone them about my transfer from SDA to ESA, I had to phone them as they don't have my number.
I know I've done well to avoid this process for this long, I'm also still on DLA not pip.
I've just subscribed now, so that I can start reading the members only guides that I keep hearing about. I've clicked on the ESA section, is that the only guides I need at the moment, I will be looking for help with regard to filling in my ESA50 when it arrives.
Brilliant site guys, loving the work you do.
Cheers
Duncan
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139964 by
Replied by on topic Support Group - No Medical

Duncan T wrote: HI all
I've been a member for a long time now, always read the news pages and occasionally look in on the forum.
I've just had my letter from DWP asking me to phone them about my transfer from SDA to ESA, I had to phone them as they don't have my number.
I know I've done well to avoid this process for this long, I'm also still on DLA not pip.
I've just subscribed now, so that I can start reading the members only guides that I keep hearing about. I've clicked on the ESA section, is that the only guides I need at the moment, I will be looking for help with regard to filling in my ESA50 when it arrives.
Brilliant site guys, loving the work you do.
Cheers
Duncan

Hi DT,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

The telephone call that you speak of is just a "courtesy call" and is not necessary for your transfer to ESA to progress.

There is a guide entitled "Being transferred from incapacity benefit to employment and support allowance" at the top of : This Page which informs you of the process. (It's not just for IB, it's also for SDA and IS)

We also have : ESA FAQ’s and : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

You should receive The ESA50 over the next week or so, and in anticipation of this, you could ease time restraints by making a start now by :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 3rd & 4th links down :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus. (CHDA)

My best advice would be to read through the guides thoroughly and then pose any questions on the forum as and when they crop up.

You may want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser, so that you can return to your topic easily and quickly for future reference and the posting of any future queries.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

More
8 years 8 months ago #140140 by Duncan T
Replied by Duncan T on topic Support Group - No Medical
Thanks for that bro, will bear it all in mind, and start reading through it all now in anticipation.
thanks again
Duncan
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152981 by Duncan T
Replied by Duncan T on topic Support Group - No Medical
After nearly 6 months since filling in my ESA50 and not having had a reply, I decided to telephone ESA this morning to see what was happening. The guy on the phone was even surprised at how long, then went on to say, oh looks like we have just made a decision, and it's a good one.

You've been placed in the support group with no medical needed. Minimum of 3 years until next ESA50.

Letter is in the post.

Omg, I'm so happy.

Read all the brilliant guides on here, took my time filling out the forms, got a letter from my Gp and Psychiatric Nurse - Job done.

Thank you so much for the guides and the advice you gave me before filling in the forms.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Duncan

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .
The following user(s) said Thank You: tector

8 years 1 month ago #153015 by
Replied by on topic Support Group - No Medical

Duncan T wrote: After nearly 6 months since filling in my ESA50 and not having had a reply, I decided to telephone ESA this morning to see what was happening. The guy on the phone was even surprised at how long, then went on to say, oh looks like we have just made a decision, and it's a good one.

You've been placed in the support group with no medical needed. Minimum of 3 years until next ESA50.

Letter is in the post.

Omg, I'm so happy.

Read all the brilliant guides on here, took my time filling out the forms, got a letter from my Gp and Psychiatric Nurse - Job done.

Thank you so much for the guides and the advice you gave me before filling in the forms.

Duncan

Hi DT,

That is really good news !!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks for the positive comments regarding all at B&W, they are much appreciated by all !!!! :)

Once you have the decision notice letter you may find This Post helpful.

bro58

More
8 years 1 month ago #153018 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Support Group - No Medical
That sounds very positive!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Duncan T

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.