× Members

Support Group - No Medical

More
7 years 11 months ago #158145 by Duncan T
Replied by Duncan T on topic Support Group - No Medical now Pip
Thank you again Gordon. I'm really struggling with this form more than I did with the Esa forms. I think I need a bit more help. I'll try to find someone local to sit down with me and go through them. Thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161572 by Duncan T
Well, I got the forms filled in and sent off. And within two weeks had a phone call to arrange a F2F at home with Capita (I live in Wales) in 10 days time. Now I'm seriously scared and anxious. I've seen in the guide the possible questions the assessor could ask, but is there anything else they could ask? Are they going to expect me to actually do anything?

On another matter. At the moment, my wife claims carers allowance for being my carer (obviously). My wife is currently having some physical issues of her own and getting worse as time goes on. Would it be ok for my adult daughter to claim carers allowance instead of my wife? How would this affect my ESA, at the moment, the Dwp take the carers off my Esa?

Thanks
Duncan

More
7 years 10 months ago #161609 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Support Group - No Medical now Pip

Duncan T wrote: Well, I got the forms filled in and sent off. And within two weeks had a phone call to arrange a F2F at home with Capita (I live in Wales) in 10 days time. Now I'm seriously scared and anxious. I've seen in the guide the possible questions the assessor could ask, but is there anything else they could ask? Are they going to expect me to actually do anything?

On another matter. At the moment, my wife claims carers allowance for being my carer (obviously). My wife is currently having some physical issues of her own and getting worse as time goes on. Would it be ok for my adult daughter to claim carers allowance instead of my wife? How would this affect my ESA, at the moment, the Dwp take the carers off my Esa?

Thanks
Duncan

There may be a brief physical examination, but not like you would get at a doctor, they'll ask you to stand, maybe walk, stand on one foot, they'll check the range of movement you have in your arms and legs and your hands. You can refuse at any time if the examination would cause you pain.

Your daughter will need to be able to provide a minimum of 35 hours of care a week and she must not earn more than £110 per week after deductions.

Switching the claim will mean that your would lose the Carers Premium if you are receiving any Income Related ESA, about £34.60 a week as your daughter is not considered part of your household.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Duncan T

More
7 years 9 months ago #162986 by Duncan T
Well, I had my Pip home assessment last Tuesday. I had a sleepless few nights beforehand, extremely anxious about it. On the day I was throwing up from the moment I got up with nerves :sick:

I'm writing this now, as it's taken this long for me to completely calm down.

She turned up bang on time 9am. My wife explained to her how much of a bad way I was in before she met me, whether that made a difference or not I don't know.

She did seem nice enough from what I can remember, but to be honest, I did fall to pieces, and as much as I hate to admit it, I ended up getting so stressed out I broke down in tears. She was very good though and allowed my wife to answer majority of her questions. I was really just going over what was already on the form, which I thought was a waste of time. When she got to the part about adaptions etc, my wife took her around the house and showed her everything I have and use etc. She said there was no need, but she appreciated it and even said that you'd be surprised what some people put on their forms that they had and she never got to see any evidence of!

She did not make me do any showing her what I could and could not do in the way of movements etc as she said she could see how much pain and distress I was in.

At the end, and I don't want to read too much into this part, she said that we should have the final decision within 6-8 weeks, but she does not think I have too much to worry about.

So now, it's just a case of waiting for the dreaded brown envelope.

Duncan
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago #163105 by Duncan T
Did I read somewhere that I can request a copy of the report that the Pip assessor made on me? Can you point me in the right direction please?

More
7 years 9 months ago #163128 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Support Group - No Medical now Pip

Duncan T wrote: Did I read somewhere that I can request a copy of the report that the Pip assessor made on me? Can you point me in the right direction please?

Yes you can, just phone or write to the office that is managing your claim and ask for either the assessment report or PA4.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Duncan T

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.