× Members

Support Group - No Medical

More
8 years 4 days ago #157576 by Duncan T
Replied by Duncan T on topic Support Group - No Medical
Wow, Dwp have it in for me! Migration from SDA to ESA started in October, got my first ESA payment on 1st April, now I've just had my phone call about transferring Dla to Pip. I know I'm one of the late ones, but it seems like they waited until just after a harrowing 6 month wait for ESA decision before sending me PIP application, so now I have god only knows how long waiting for their next decision.

So back to the member only guides I guess and do some more reading, any other advice? Although tbh I feel like throwing in the towel atm :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #157617 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Support Group - No Medical

Duncan T wrote: Wow, Dwp have it in for me! Migration from SDA to ESA started in October, got my first ESA payment on 1st April, now I've just had my phone call about transferring Dla to Pip. I know I'm one of the late ones, but it seems like they waited until just after a harrowing 6 month wait for ESA decision before sending me PIP application, so now I have god only knows how long waiting for their next decision.

So back to the member only guides I guess and do some more reading, any other advice? Although tbh I feel like throwing in the towel atm :(

Actually the transfer of DLA indefinite awards has been running for less than a year, so you're actually one of the early ones :)

The only advice at the moment is for you to be aware that the criteria for PIP is quite different from DLA and the assessment process is fundamentally different, so try and read the guides without any preconceptions from your previous DLA claims.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Duncan T

More
8 years 4 days ago #157652 by Duncan T
Replied by Duncan T on topic Support Group - No Medical
I had the good sense after reading here to say on the phone that I did not want them to use my Dla information which is over 10 years old now.

I've downloaded the guides to start reading, but one question that is bugging me, and I can't find a definitive answer on the net is:

I use a powered wheelchair (gp assessed and nhs provided) as I can't self propel anymore. How does this fit into the mobilising descriptor?

Cheers

Duncan

More
8 years 3 days ago - 8 years 3 days ago #157675 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Support Group - No Medical

Duncan T wrote: I had the good sense after reading here to say on the phone that I did not want them to use my Dla information which is over 10 years old now.

I've downloaded the guides to start reading, but one question that is bugging me, and I can't find a definitive answer on the net is:

I use a powered wheelchair (gp assessed and nhs provided) as I can't self propel anymore. How does this fit into the mobilising descriptor?

Cheers

Duncan

PIP does not consider your ability to use a wheelchair, only your ability to stand and move (walk), so if your power chair is because you cannot walk then you need to explain why this is and what distance, if any, that you can walk reliably and on them majority of days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 3 days ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 3 days ago #157707 by Duncan T
Replied by Duncan T on topic Support Group - No Medical - Now Pip
So would it be reasonably safe to assume that in an ideal world, someone such as me, that can not walk at all, should be awarded maximum points for mobilising?

More
8 years 3 days ago #157748 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Support Group - No Medical - Now Pip

Duncan T wrote: So would it be reasonably safe to assume that in an ideal world, someone such as me, that can not walk at all, should be awarded maximum points for mobilising?

You would certainly hope so!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.