× Members

DLA/PIP LETTERS RECIEVED.....SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!

• Sarah
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #140662 by Sarah
My DLA claim was due for renewal in Jan 16 however i received a letter telling me I have to claim PIP so I started to gather evidence I'd need like a letter from my doctor and consultant and a up to date prescription list.
Today I rang PIP and after 45 mins of a very stressful call because I have memory issues and the lady from dwp had no empathy and just kept asking me to answer yes or no! I asked if there could be extra time given to fill in the form I was told no I had 30 days to fill in the claim form.
I'm scared to death about this claim because just over 2 years ago I had my benefits stopped because I was sent to ATOS where I eventually found out through the tribunal stage they'd scored my 0 points I won my tribunal and they did it to me for a second time where on appeal to dwp I did have it reinstated. I'm so scared because the women said I would be seen my ATOS ( not maybe) and I don't have the energy to fight them for a third time! Getting my evidence ready I thought it would be better but I was also told that even though my health professionals had written about my disabilities they won't take that into consideration they have to contact them directly and when I was asked to answer yes to allowing dwp and atos to access my medical files etc I explained to her about not wanting atos to have access and she said if your saying no then it's the end of your claim for pip so I'll ask you again do you agree? At which point I had to say yes.
I feel like I'm being victimised and the only one it's happened to time after time. I know I'm not but it's how I feel... Is anyone else going through the same problems?
When the form comes in is there a easy read bullet point breakdown to help me fill it in please? I can't concentrate on the full pip guidelines you have so bullet points with references would make it easier. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sarah
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140666 by Sarah
Hi I wondered if you or anyone who has recently received the pip application form to fill in could upload it to the site so I can see before my application arrives what the questions are. I ask because I have memory issues and it takes me reading a sentence over and over to be able to understand it so I don't want to be blindsided when the application arrives in the post.
Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

8 years 8 months ago #140672 by

Sarah wrote: Hi I wondered if you or anyone who has recently received the pip application form to fill in could upload it to the site so I can see before my application arrives what the questions are. I ask because I have memory issues and it takes me reading a sentence over and over to be able to understand it so I don't want to be blindsided when the application arrives in the post.
Thanks.

Hi S,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

I am afraid that the site's software does not provide for that facility !!

However, you could download the Specimen PIP 2 Form as suggested in : This Post.

See also :

PIP Self Test

&

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

bro58

More
8 years 8 months ago #140679 by Gordon
Sarah

It sounds as if the Assessment Provider for your postcode is ATOS, the map on the following link should be able to confirm this.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

If they are then I am afraid that there is nothing you can about this.

Our PIP Claim guide explains how to explain your day to day problems as relevant to the PIP Descriptors, it also explains the process of answering, so you should be able to start with a relatively simple answer and then go back and either provide a more detailed one or another example of how you are effected so that by the end you have a fully completed form.

If you have any questions about the form then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help, you might want to book mark this page in your browser so it is ewasy to find.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Sarah
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #140681 by Sarah
Thank you Gordon as soon as I receive the application for the second part of the process I will be relying on the forum and your guidelines to aid me through it. I'm just scared of not getting the benefit because I've written the wrong thing on the forms and the fact I have memory issues especially reading and retaining information.
I did do you test for pip to see how I'd score and got 43 points for daily living and 22 points for mobility which gives me hope but others I know have said because they couldn't express in words correctly when filling the form in they didn't get the award they thought they would.
After my experience with ATOS I am worried! When I did take it to a tribunal stage I got to see my ATOS form and on the back page in the comment box this women put...' Under no circumstances show this form to the client' so I don't trust them that to me just showed me that they have to meet targets and I happened to be a target they could eliminate.

More
8 years 8 months ago #140682 by Gordon

Sarah wrote: Thank you Gordon as soon as I receive the application for the second part of the process I will be relying on the forum and your guidelines to aid me through it. I'm just scared of not getting the benefit because I've written the wrong thing on the forms and the fact I have memory issues especially reading and retaining information.
I did do you test for pip to see how I'd score and got 43 points for daily living and 22 points for mobility which gives me hope but others I know have said because they couldn't express in words correctly when filling the form in they didn't get the award they thought they would.
After my experience with ATOS I am worried! When I did take it to a tribunal stage I got to see my ATOS form and on the back page in the comment box this women put...' Under no circumstances show this form to the client' so I don't trust them that to me just showed me that they have to meet targets and I happened to be a target they could eliminate.

Although the forum has lots of members posting about their problems with PIP Claims the reality is that the majority of claimants receive the award that they are entitled to, so hopefully yours will go forward without problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarah

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris