× Members

DLA/PIP LETTERS RECIEVED.....SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!

• Sarah
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #142295 by Sarah
I spoke to my doctor last week actually and he is more than happy to state I need a home visit due to my illness and lack of mobility, he actually wrote me a mind blowing letter better than I could have ever expected to go with my application in it he states that I'm unable to walk more than 20m unaided and my consultants have come to the conclusion there's nothing more any of them can do and my condition is chronic and severe and that I'm unable to leave my home.
My main consultant said in his letter that my illness is chronic and I've seen a number of consultants but there's nothing more they can do for me, that I'm on a number of medications that I spend 90% of my time bed bound and that my illness is severe and " it isn't due to a lack of trying on her part that her symptoms are persistent and disabling"
This consultant is actually the top consultant in this field of my illness and he actually runs all the trials conducted trying to find a way to ease and the reasoning behind this illness.
What more do they want?
I should also say with all the proof I sent I also sent the most recent list of prescriptions which has 17 different medications I take!
Do you think if this capita letter is the first point of saying they've been passed my dwp app they will not need to see me at all when they review my evidence?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #142297 by Gordon
Sarah

As I said in my previous post, I think this is a standard letter sent when Capita receive your file from the DWP, this being the case then it would be before a doctor has looked at your file and made any decision on whether an assessment is required and if one is, whether it should be at your home or at one of their assessment centres.

Gordon.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarah

• Sarah
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145795 by Sarah
Advice and answer please if you know.......
So I'm going from DLA to PIP and my deadline for my application was 12/10/15 I returned the form on the 6/10/15 as of yet I've heard nothing about my claim or a medical. Now my DLA claim ends on 10/1/16 with my last payment being 15/12/15 before that date, if my claim wasn't successful. will I still be paid after this date of my DLA claim ends in January because PIP has not made a decision? Every day that passes I worry and to think I may have no money after next week and I can't even renew my blue badge without knowing and having the relevant paperwork, I recieved a letter at the start of November from capita saying they have my form and evidence since then nothing. Advice please..

Thank you.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145804 by

Sarah wrote: Advice and answer please if you know.......
So I'm going from DLA to PIP and my deadline for my application was 12/10/15 I returned the form on the 6/10/15 as of yet I've heard nothing about my claim or a medical. Now my DLA claim ends on 10/1/16 with my last payment being 15/12/15 before that date, if my claim wasn't successful. will I still be paid after this date of my DLA claim ends in January because PIP has not made a decision? Every day that passes I worry and to think I may have no money after next week and I can't even renew my blue badge without knowing and having the relevant paperwork, I recieved a letter at the start of November from capita saying they have my form and evidence since then nothing. Advice please..

Thank you.

Hi S,

As long as you have complied with the deadline dates to return your PIP documents, your current DLA payments will continue until 4 weeks after the date of the PIP decision, whatever that PIP decision may be !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

• Sarah
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #145862 by Sarah
Hi, could anyone tell me how long they waited until a decision was reached or they had their medical letters come through from the time they placed their applications? I'm curious as time seems to be dragging on. Thanks.x

More
8 years 5 months ago #145868 by Gordon

Sarah wrote: Hi, could anyone tell me how long they waited until a decision was reached or they had their medical letters come through from the time they placed their applications? I'm curious as time seems to be dragging on. Thanks.x

Based on feedback from the forum most claims are being handled within the 18 weeks currently being quoted by the DWP, appointments for assessments are usually booked within a couple of weeks of the PIP2 form being returned.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.