× Members

Capital letters

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #134224 by Moonshine
Capital letters was created by Moonshine
Hi there, I am currently in the SG for ESA and have not had a re-referral to date, so I think my case has been deferred for the time being as I should have received a new form (ESA 50) a year ago. I am currently being paid via the Post Office but I wanted to change my bank details to a current account as my agoraphobia doesn't let me leave the house for days or weeks on end and I try to pay my bills online. This means I have to go to the Post Office to withdraw and then deposit the money in the bank. I would like to change my bank details with the DWP but I'm scared if I contact them I might 'rock the boat' and trigger a new assessment that might not be coming my way (hopefully) for a while yet if I don't do anything. I'm sorry for such a long post but this is taking over my life as I dread having to go to the Post Office and I'd like to know if the DWP would send out a re assessment if I do try to change my details. P.S. I know the form will eventually come but I don't want to do anything to bring that date forward. Thank you so much in advance. This has become so bad that I have had to get up the courage to even post on the forum :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #134240 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capital letters
moonshine

Changing your bank details will not result in an assessment, assessment decision are based on the information in your computer record and claimants are selected using a computer program.

If you want to find our when you will be assessed then you can ask the call centre operative what is documented on the system.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moonshine

More
9 years 1 week ago #134272 by tazman
Replied by tazman on topic Capital letters
Hello Moonshine, I posted a letter last Friday letting them know my new bank details and suffered the same worry and anxiety. They need it in writing so just do it and get it over with. Once the envelope drops in the box you will be ok. People like us worry about worrying so if I hear anything I'll let you know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moonshine

More
9 years 1 week ago #134286 by naheegan
Replied by naheegan on topic Capital letters
Hi moonshine, just to second what tazman has said: I changed my banking details some time ago and there was no form sent and no action taken by dwp other than my benefit going into my new bank account.

I would add though, that different benefits come from different government departments and notifying each of them in writing will make things smoother. The addresses of each will be on your benefit awards letters.

For example, DLA and ESA (and Housing Benefit) all come from different sources, so I had to notify each of them separately in writing. I assumed (mistakenly) that they were all in the same place or that the computers were all joined up, or that the ESA office would inform the DLA office -- not so, I was told by someone in the know!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, Moonshine

More
9 years 1 week ago #134291 by naheegan
Replied by naheegan on topic Capital letters
sorry, I meant to say "what tazman and Gordon said"
text sometimes gets lost in editing :(

• ken
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #134299 by ken
Replied by ken on topic Capital letters

Gordon wrote: moonshine

Changing your bank details will not result in an assessment, assessment decision are based on the information in your computer record and claimants are selected using a computer program.

If you want to find our when you will be assessed then you can ask the call centre operative what is documented on the system.

Gordon

Are you sure about this? Do you have any information/link to more information about this?
(the automated decision process for medical selection)
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.