× Members

YESSS !!! I WON !

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135414 by Dougle
YESSS !!! I WON ! was created by Dougle
Hi again, sorry to be a pain. Ok, I have been told I will have to apply for PIP in September or October this year .I currently have an indefinate DLA award at High Rate for both components.
However I know my ESA reassesment is going to be some time after that.
Will the result of my PIP application be used to decide my ESA claim in any way?
Again forgive me for not trawling through old posts etc.
Thanks so much for the help.
D
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #135421 by
Replied by on topic YESSS !!! I WON !

Dougle wrote: Hi again, sorry to be a pain. Ok, I have been told I will have to apply for PIP in September or October this year .I currently have an indefinate DLA award at High Rate for both components.
However I know my ESA reassesment is going to be some time after that.
Will the result of my PIP application be used to decide my ESA claim in any way?
Again forgive me for not trawling through old posts etc.
Thanks so much for the help.
D

Hi D,

If you have a current indefinite DLA Award you should be invited to claim PIP sometime after October 2015 running until October 2017.

Within this two year period current indefinite DLA Award recipients will be invited at random.

If you undergo your PIP Assessment before your next ESA re-assessment, the PIP Report may be used by the DM in coming to The ESA Decision.

However, ESA and PIP are totally different "benefits" with different qualifying criteria.

bro58

More
8 years 11 months ago #135503 by Dougle
Replied by Dougle on topic YESSS !!! I WON !
And if a persons PIP forms arrived before a persons ESA reassesment forms ,say a year before their ESA reassment forms are due for example ,then does that mean their ESA reassment is brought forward to the same time as their PIP assessment?
If yes then I for ine would rather forfeit applying for PIP as i would fear it would scupper my ESA claim.
Thanks in advance

More
8 years 11 months ago #135514 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic YESSS !!! I WON !

Dougle wrote: And if a persons PIP forms arrived before a persons ESA reassesment forms ,say a year before their ESA reassment forms are due for example ,then does that mean their ESA reassment is brought forward to the same time as their PIP assessment?
If yes then I for ine would rather forfeit applying for PIP as i would fear it would scupper my ESA claim.
Thanks in advance

Being invited to claim PIP will not have any effect on when you are re-assessed for ESA, they are separate benefits and are treated as separate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Anne R
8 years 11 months ago #135578 by Anne R
Replied by Anne R on topic YESSS !!! I WON !
I don't know if this helps at all (personally I'm very confused by it, even tho I understand they're two different benefits) but I had my PIP assessment a couple of weeks before my ESA assessment. PIP was declined with 0 points (reconsideration turned down but waiting for them to reconsider extra info that crossed in the post), but was awarded ESA and placed in the Support Group for 18 months.

Still waiting on the actual ESA award letter and report to see where and how points were awarded, and still waiting the full medical report from PIP. Seems to take a very long time.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143681 by Dougle
Replied by Dougle on topic YESSS !!! I WON !
Well, it has finally happened.I just got a letter moments ago saying that my indefinate DLA award is to end in December .I feel very miserable and extremely worried.
My health has never improved but my main fear is that my G.P. whom I have been seeing each month for the last 10 years is off sick himself.He is not going to return until the New Year.
This could not come at a worse time.
It was mainly down to my GP that i got my original award I am sure.
*What if they write to the GP and he is not there yet?
*Does that mean I will have to go for a medical?
*If I fail to be awarded PIP will that have an effect on my upcoming ESA review which is due next year? (Support group) that is what REALLY scares me .
* If I fail to be awarded PIP will my ESA review be brought forward ? ( due August 2016)

That is a lot of questions I knowmbut I will appreciate any help.
This has really ruined the end of the year for us ..Christmas will now be a very horrible time I suppose with thia constantly on our minds.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.