× Members

YESSS !!! I WON !

More
8 years 6 months ago #143916 by Linz
Replied by Linz on topic YESSS !!! I WON !
Hi Dougle,
My husband & are were/are I your situation, DLA until 2023 then out of the blue PIP! We managed to get a home visit from ATOS, and he has been awarded enhanced on both care & mobility. No contact with our Doc. Award on assessments observations & previous 'file'. Be sure to go into as much detail as possible as to the care your son provides and as much detail as to the deterioration of your condition.
Good Luck to you
x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #147737 by Dougle
Replied by Dougle on topic YESSS !!! I WON !
Hello , just something I am curious about. I was recently made to apply for PIP after being on DLA for years .Two weeks after submitting the form my wife is called in for a Worrk Focused Interview,her first for 5 years
.Is that a coincidence or did the PIP application trigger the WFI?
She attended ,I gave permission for them to discuss my claim which I felt under pressure to agree to somewhat and it was just a quick meeting to chat about her getting more work hours.
cheers
D
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #147753 by
Replied by on topic YESSS !!! I WON !

Dougle wrote: Hello , just something I am curious about. I was recently made to apply for PIP after being on DLA for years .Two weeks after submitting the form my wife is called in for a Worrk Focused Interview,her first for 5 years
.Is that a coincidence or did the PIP application trigger the WFI?
She attended ,I gave permission for them to discuss my claim which I felt under pressure to agree to somewhat and it was just a quick meeting to chat about her getting more work hours.
cheers
D

Hi D,

We have no way of knowing whether this was pure coincidence !

However, if you have a joint IR ESA claim which includes your wife, requesting that she attend the odd WFI from time to time is the norm.

As you have stated, these interviews are usually very brief, more of a box ticking exercise, and they cannot compel your wife to take part in WRA nor can they compel her to seek employment or extra hours.

bro58

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #147995 by Dougle
Replied by Dougle on topic YESSS !!! I WON !
today I was amazed to hear from DWP about my PIP claim already .I only put the forms in two weeks ago and I have already been informed that I must attend a face to face medical.
They have not even contacted my GP as I requested. It feels like tey are rushing it through and i am going to be rail roaded...I.e. Have my enhanced DLA removed And be given no PIP.I know I cannot know that for sure but it is how i feel.
My Doctor has agreed to write to DWP about my PIP claim .Should he just send it to the ATOS address that is on the letter that came today? I asked DWP for a fa number but they said they do not have one. I thought ATOS were gone?
Can I request a home visit by their doctor?
Thanks..I will tell you all what happens.

More
8 years 4 months ago #147998 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic YESSS !!! I WON !

Dougle wrote: today I was amazed to hear from DWP about my PIP claim already .I only put the forms in two weeks ago and I have already been informed that I must attend a face to face medical.
They have not even contacted my GP as I requested. It feels like tey are rushing it through and i am going to be rail roaded...I.e. Have my enhanced DLA removed And be given no PIP.I know I cannot know that for sure but it is how i feel.
My Doctor has agreed to write to DWP about my PIP claim .Should he just send it to the ATOS address that is on the letter that came today? I asked DWP for a fa number but they said they do not have one. I thought ATOS were gone?

Two weeks is not an unusual time period for an assessment to be arranged within, I don't think that there is anything at this stage to suggest that your claim is going badly.

I'm afraid ATOS (or Capita) rarely contact the claimants GP for further information, so you will need to speak to your GP to write a letter explaining why you cannot attend at ATOS's offices, this needs to be sent to ATOS, they should be able to provide a fax number.

ATOS are no longer involved in ESA assessments but won part of the contract to do them for PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dougle

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #148002 by
Replied by on topic YESSS !!! I WON !

Dougle wrote: today I was amazed to hear from DWP about my PIP claim already .I only put the forms in two weeks ago and I have already been informed that I must attend a face to face medical.

Hi D,

Yes, at this time, 2 weeks after you return you PIP 2 Form seems to be the average !!

We are always advising members not to rely on ATOS, Capita or DWP contacting their G.P., even when the member requests that they do so and provides contact details.

They are not legally obliged to do so, and seldom do !

ATOS no longer carry out The WCA for ESA, but along with Capita they do carry out PIP Assessments.

You are allowed to re-arrange a PIP Face to Face appointment once, but that being the case you would need to ensure that you attended any subsequent re-arranged appointment under risk of your PIP claim being disqualified if you fail to do so.

It is not too late to request a Home Assessment, but you will need to contact ATOS regarding this. (and to re-arrange if you are going to)

They will probably insist that your G.P. faxes them directly with a letter supporting the fact that you require a Home Assessment giving reasons why you do.

Have you read our recent News Stories : Here and Here regarding having to attend PIP Face to Face consultations ?

You can contact ATOS via the e-mail link to the top right of : This Page.

You can read what to expect at your PIP Face to Face from around Page 69 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris