× Members

Therapy and Treatment

More
8 years 11 hours ago #158477 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP

Thistlelass wrote: Hi

I had to submit all evidence for the evidence for the MR by the 11th May and I duly did that. I am now left wondering how long they can take for the reconsideration? I know it gets passed to a different DM. Will it take weeks, please? Any guidance appreciated. A tense time. I sent them a new submission of my own as suggested - tried to highlight where I met the descriptors etc/where the assesment report fell short in that respect. Also three reports - from a Psychiatrist, GP and Addaction Project worker. Fingers crossed!

There's no prescribed timescale, I would expect weeks rather than months, but there are considerable delays in the Decision making process for PIP and it's not impossible that this will have a knock on effect to MRs.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 hours ago #158483 by Thistlelass
Replied by Thistlelass on topic PIP
Okay. That makes sense and is much as I thought. Cannot say I am hopeful but somebody has to get lucky! I will post the outcome as soon as I know. Thank you, Gordon.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158929 by Thistlelass
:) Hard to believe but I have just had a DWP text to advise that I AM entitled to PIP and they will be writing to me etc. So my MR request has been successful! Feeling so relieved and thankful to Benefits and Work. Grateful I do not have to go to Appeal. I may only have a Standard award this time - but that is okay (who knows I may have the enhanced again).

I will post more detail later as to how I went about this. I have recurrent depressive disorder, PTSD, and alcoholism and I guess the last one some find tricky when it comes to PIP.

It's a good day - just so relieved not to have this having this over me (but I know it comes back to haunt ....... that's for another year lol!)

More
7 years 11 months ago #158984 by Gordon

Thistlelass wrote: :) Hard to believe but I have just had a DWP text to advise that I AM entitled to PIP and they will be writing to me etc. So my MR request has been successful! Feeling so relieved and thankful to Benefits and Work. Grateful I do not have to go to Appeal. I may only have a Standard award this time - but that is okay (who knows I may have the enhanced again).

I will post more detail later as to how I went about this. I have recurrent depressive disorder, PTSD, and alcoholism and I guess the last one some find tricky when it comes to PIP.

It's a good day - just so relieved not to have this having this over me (but I know it comes back to haunt ....... that's for another year lol!)

A tentative congratulations, hopefully the letter will only take a couple of days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #158985 by Gordon

Thistlelass wrote: :) Hard to believe but I have just had a DWP text to advise that I AM entitled to PIP and they will be writing to me etc. So my MR request has been successful! Feeling so relieved and thankful to Benefits and Work. Grateful I do not have to go to Appeal. I may only have a Standard award this time - but that is okay (who knows I may have the enhanced again).

A tentative congratulations, hopefully the letter will only take a couple of days.

Gordon

More
7 years 11 months ago #159823 by Thistlelass
I now know that I have the standard award - which is down from the enhanced last time. It is for 4 years until 2020 so I am very pleased with that! I think it is at the correct level too. I have improved but still have daily living difficulties. Would not have got the result, I feel sure, without using this site! And certainly not at Mandatory Reconsideration stage, so many thanks. I ended up going from 3 points up to 9!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.